The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

I had a little accident last week, and ended up with a broken elbow. Ashwin says I'll live, but my days as a concert pianist are numbered. My wife wanted to do a long trail run today, so I took her out to the island where Ashwin and I did some shooting last spring; she ran, I shot. Here are a few from my day:

M8, 35 Cron:
HI Lloyd - I'm really sorry to hear about your accident - really sorry. I hope it recovers sooner and better than you hope.

Love this first shot as well - excellent.

Charles, Lloyd, Bart - thanks for the kind words (ticks).
Seakayaker - the Fort Casey shadows shot works well.
soelin - the green bikes are really really good - excellent!
Gary - I like the Monkey Man - but the first shot of the little girl is even better
Charles The Rustic sons shots are clear and good - especially the second one.

Godfrey - are you trying to tell us that's you in the speedos and the socks?

ashwinrao1

Hi Ashwin
Lovely shots of your parents - excellent . . and the pup - must be a sheltie - we had them as children, and my sister breeds them - nice, intelligent dogs.

I'm not sure that wearing 'speedos' together with socks is a really grand idea :ROTFL: (nice shot though).

all the best
Lol, exactly my thinking, Jono. I was wondering what he was thinking, to be honest. And yes, my parents' pup is a sheltie...lovely dogs, very intelligent and kind.....

ashwinrao1

Jono, very nice shot!!
Ashwin, wonderful portrait shots of your parents! Love the shot of the sheltie! Must the Nocti! Very cool shots of the speedos :D

Shots from last night of the Rustic Sons at their first gig. All with the 50 Lux:)

Fanastic captures, Charles...Acutally, the Sheltie shots were all Zeiss 50-C sonnar...amazing lens for the price, with a character that's as tangible as the f/1 Nocti...at a much reduced cost...parents shots were with this lens too..

jonoslack

Just got home from skiing . . . and it snowed last night!

Tigger finally came to a sticky end in the snow:

It was pretty chilly today - Milo had to wear his coat (and so did Silas)

Not much street around here . . . but one has to do one's best!

The noctilux still delivers the goods - it gives me a warm glow, even on a chilly winter day:

Sometimes . . . forgetting to reset the white balance has it's good points.

All with the M9 and noctilux 0.95 - wide open or nearly so.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Godfrey, Lloyd, and Dan.

Lloyd, I hope that the elbow heals up. Despite the damage, you managed to capture a fantastic image of that chair at the ranch! One of my favorites. I like the light that you obtained here quite a bit, maybe even better than what we had 8-9 months back. Great work....

Dan, I'll shoot you an email. The 45 planar is waiting for ya! Great lens!

jonoslack

Jono, Tigger looks COLD ;)

Fantastic capture of Milo and Silas!!!
Thanks - indeed - Tigger was in a tree in the woods - nothing to do with us - we left him there!

Fanastic captures, Charles...Acutally, the Sheltie shots were all Zeiss 50-C sonnar...amazing lens for the price, with a character that's as tangible as the f/1 Nocti...at a much reduced cost...parents shots were with this lens too..
+1 on Charles's captures
Hi Ashwin
I quite agree fantastic lens - Silas has mine :eek:
wide open it draws like a noctilux, but f2 it's razor sharp. Small and perfectly formed. Excellent lens.

W

Wozza604

Lloyd, I hope that the elbow heals up. Despite the damage, you managed to capture a fantastic image of that chair at the ranch! One of my favorites. I like the light that you obtained here quite a bit, maybe even better than what we had 8-9 months back. Great work....

Dan, I'll shoot you an email. The 45 planar is waiting for ya! Great lens!
Crap, I was going to ask about that lens! lol

CharlesK

Lloyd, wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
Ashwin, Jono, thanks :salute: Ashwin, wow... do love the rendering with Zeiss C Sonnar. I did try two copies, but had problems initially with back focusing on both.
Gary, nice series, fav here is the last shot:)
Dan, nice composition!
Mike, nice street capture, I really like the eye contact with the bear!
Jono, really nice set! Tigger is definitely caught up, and love the shots with the Nocti!

Last edited:

Godfrey

Godfrey - are you trying to tell us that's you in the speedos and the socks?
Heaven forfend! I don't live anywhere near Venice Beach! ;-)

Lloyd: get healed!

Was out this morning at dawn shooting with the M9. It was freezing, literally. I know I need a half case for sure ... its smooth shape and firm covering are very difficult to hold onto when my hands are so cold. Pictures later... too much to do right now.

Lloyd

Some lovely images here (pity having to wade through the images when someone replies with quotes). Maybe admin can sort that out that a quote applies only text.
This image 1/3sec hheld shows a lot of blur but when reduced can still be used.
M9-35/f2
Impressive result for 1/3sec! Nice.

Your comment is well taken, but we've been down this road many times already. Wade through the reposts; in the end it's worth the trouble.

Heaven forfend! I don't live anywhere near Venice Beach! ;-)

Was out this morning at dawn shooting with the M9. It was freezing, literally. I know I need a half case for sure ... its smooth shape and firm covering are very difficult to hold onto when my hands are so cold. Pictures later... too much to do right now.
Went out with Godfrey and Jim Collum this morning - it was damn cold but a lot of fun :shocked:

Here's a sampling with the M9:

We'll have to do this again when it's warmer :D

Lloyd

Great photographs as always, and thanks for everyone's kind words!

Lloyd, sending a long a good thought and a prayer that you have a speedy recovery and your up to full speed in the very near future! . . . . . . beautiful photographs btw . . . . . .

Ashwin, the 45/2 photographs look sweet, drop me a line with your thoughts and a good time to catch up with you.

Fort Casey ~ Shadows

M9 with Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 ASPH

Thank you Dan. Much appreciated.

Nice shot too. (BTW, I love that lens). I like your shadow in the shot. I think it makes it.

Lloyd

LLoyd, thank you:) The guys were very well received and we had a lot of fun too!
Lloyd, excellent set, particularly the last shot!
Lloyd, wishing you a speed recovery!!!
Thanks Charles. Much appreciated.

HI Lloyd - I'm really sorry to hear about your accident - really sorry. I hope it recovers sooner and better than you hope.

Love this first shot as well - excellent.
Thank you Jono, on both counts. Very nice set from you... looks like maybe that's what Tiggers do best, eh? I especially like the shot of Milo and Silas

Thanks Ashwin. A few tough moments this past week, but we'll get there. It was fun to get back out to the ranch. My second trip since we were there last Spring. Lots of possibilities still to be explored.

Thank you Godfrey. Looking forward to your pix from the cold morning.

Lloyd

Went out with Godfrey and Jim Collum this morning - it was damn cold but a lot of fun :shocked:

Here's a sampling with the M9:

We'll have to do this again when it's warmer :D
Nice texture and color Joe. Looks like it was worth braving the cold.

Catching up - man you guys are prolific!

Charles K - great street shots - nice work with the 24mm lux - concert photos are also excellent :thumbs:
CEH - love the accordian portrait - really nice; great street shots too :salute:
Patrick Cheung - nice portraits - really like the B&W :thumbs:
Robert (dude) - sunset at -10C - sweet! Great shots from the Coliseum and of the fireworks as well :thumbs:
Lloyd - nice portrait with the Nocti :thumbs:
Mike Woods - nice shots from Wales - love the Zeiss 25mm (I don't use a viewfinder either) :thumbs:
Zoomstop - Home Depot - spectacular! :salute:
Wozza - great stuff as usual - love the big rock :thumbs:
Dan (Seakayaker) - like the shed and ferry shots :salute:
Steve (sjg284) - love the red! :thumbs:
Ashwin - the shots of Jade are superb - what a beauty! :bug eyes: and very nice shots of your parents too ;-)
Jeff - nice B&W landscapes :thumbs:
Lloyd - ouch! lovely shots - you may never play the piano again but you can still shoot :D - hope you get well soon.
Gary - super beach shots - and is that your monkey? :D

Ok - I tried but still behind!

Good shooting everyone I missed - it's great seeing such a diverse set of photos - really cool stuff!

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.