The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Diane B

Terry

Diane - Oly came out with a new battery and the generics right now are running at a different voltage and don't work in the Oly charger which was a bit of a red flag. So, some are shying away from generics until it gets sorted out.

m_driscoll

I haven't seen the market empty like that....that mannequin and blue wig seems to find its way into a number of shots. Must be a strategically places shop.
Terry: My wife was at rehearsal, so, I went down there after it closed. The wig shop is right on Pike Street, one half block from the Market. It's right next to the new Hard Rock Cafe, in a building that somehow hasn't been gentrified. I've probably photographed it with every one of my cameras. :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Put this lens on my OMD at the Glazer's Camera annual Photofest. IMO, pretty nice. Very smooth bokeh. 'Pre-production'

E-M5, 75mm f/1.8; 1/80s @ f/1.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5, 75mm f/1.8; 1/100s @ f/1.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5, 75mm f/1.8; 1/60s @ f/1.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Last edited:

jonoslack

Matt
That 75 looks like it's going to be hard to resist.

In the meantime I've kept snapping' with my 60 f2.8 Elmarit:

Conundrum

Solution

Tangled

Sharp

Flag Iris

All the best

Terry

I can't believe how easy it is to manually focus the 60mm without magnified view on the OMD. One of those lenses where you can just see it peak without any sort of peaking.

The 75 does look yummy, or after watching aKai Digital Rev video bokelicious.

jonoslack

I can't believe how easy it is to manually focus the 60mm without magnified view om the OMD. One of those lenses where you can just see it peak without any sort of peaking.
I quite agree - I'm getting an indecently high hit rate (much better than AF), and I've completely given up with the magnified view.

I've found that with several Leica lenses, there is a kind of shimmer where it's in focus - an increase in contrast and a decrease in saturation if you like - at any rate. focusing with this lens (and also the APO 180 f2.8) is a breeze (I've found the 28-90 zoom a little more challenging for some reason.

all the best

jonoslack

We have a new arrival
She is called Cam - in honour of our guest when she (we hope) hatched on Wednesday.

with the kit lens at 5000 ISO

m_driscoll

Taken at, or near, Glazer's Camera's Photofest.

75mm f/1.8 (pre-production); 1/200s @ f/3.2; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

12mm f/2; 1/1000s @ f/8; ISO 200

75-300mm f4.8-6.7; 75mm; 1/320s @ f/10; ISO 200

12mm f/2; 1/4000s @ f/3.5; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

12-50mm f/3.5-6.3; 50mm; 1/1250s @ f/3.5; -2 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jonoslack

Great Stuff Matt
here are a couple from last night:

snoozing quietly

the young Harry Potter!