The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professional

Aryan Aqajani

Thanks!

Good, i have that Big stopper, but which brand of ND/GND you have, LEE as well or Hitech or another?

thanks again for the adapter link, i may try to do the same with my RZ as you did sooner or later, keep posting your amazing film shots!!! :thumbup:
All Lee filters, both Big Stopper and 0.9 ND are glass and 0.9 Grad ND is resin!

Yeah, I waited for quite a long time to get used one in very good condition and good price! I purchased mine used from KEH for around $800 if I remember correctly! Now, saving for a 75mm f/4.5 SB :facesmack:

malmac

You would understand that feeling when a new lens turns up in the mail - in this case a Mamiya 150mm lens. So off to give it a test drive. Here is the image that resulted.

Mal

Professional

All Lee filters, both Big Stopper and 0.9 ND are glass and 0.9 Grad ND is resin!

Yeah, I waited for quite a long time to get used one in very good condition and good price! I purchased mine used from KEH for around $800 if I remember correctly! Now, saving for a 75mm f/4.5 SB :facesmack:
Ah ok, then i have to replace my GND Hitech to LEE better, i have one LEE ND, filters are essentials these days for outdoor and landscapes mostly, used them since 2006, but LEE only since 2010 and i just got my LEE big stopper this year from a local store, i will buy from them some GNDs if so.

About the adapter, you are right, it is heck so expensive, i may save and go with Hasselblad HTS adapter over this one, but this Mamiya adapter will have it use as i really like RZ camera, but do you see it as a great option to use in applications that need T/S adjustment???

Professional

I have to work with my daughters more often, they are photogenic for me now and more listening than when they were in 3-6yo.

I would like to hear comments so i can improve my shooting with daughters and portraiture.

Shashin

Apart from the fact you like to center your daughter in the frame, at least with these images, I would just have fun and get some experience. Half the problems in portraiture is the relationship with your model. Then you just work and try things. Sooner or later your style/approach will manifest itself.

Professional

Apart from the fact you like to center your daughter in the frame, at least with these images, I would just have fun and get some experience. Half the problems in portraiture is the relationship with your model. Then you just work and try things. Sooner or later your style/approach will manifest itself.
I understand that the expressions in portraits is what give it a go, and the relationship is sure important, but with my daughter i try to keep her with natural attitude/behave, i can order her to pose for me in different ways but then she may not feel happy, but i try to make her happy so she can pose for me at any time i ask her without difficulties.

What about lighting? what you will do and don't? what improvements you can add? I am not good with photoshop at all.

malmac

RZPROIID, 110mm

After seeing Mal's wonderous image, I might try to spice this up a little.
Thanks for the compliment. I like this forum because there is a range of different styles and of course always a travellers delight of different locations to consider.

Mal

malmac

H4D-60, HC80, all ISO 800, no NR, natural light only
Tareq

I like a portrait to tell me about a person rather than just maintain a controlled mask.

What excites your daughter, what makes her thoughtful?
Is she always aiming to please or is she hard working by nature?
Where does she like to go?
Does she learn by listening or is it more about seeing what to do and then having a go?

My daughter is a treasure as is my grandaughter - but they live far away.
Enjoy this most wonderful time while you have the time together.

Regards

mal

edouard

Bland subject (I like that! ;-), but by stitching together 3 Hasselblad CFV-50 images (49.1 x 36.8mm Kodak KAF-50100 sensor) to form a 60Mpx square image (that would ~correspond to a 49x49mm sensor), I get an image closer to the classical 6x6 look and feel, but with almost large format sharpness.

down sampled to 1600^2 px

Hasselblad 500C/M with CFV-50 digital back (at ISO 50), Zeiss Planar CF T* 80mm lens (at f/5.6); 3 images stitch. ACR 7.2 development (no color saturation change nor "clarity" increase), stitch (with clone tool only!) + crop + fake film black frame addition (6x6 nostalgia ;-) performed with PS CS6.

Last edited:

Uaiomex

Great picture. I've dreamed about doing this same thing but using a Flexbody. Like I said, just dreaming. I want to see more like this please!
Eduardo

Bland subject (I like that! ;-), but by stitching together 3 Hasselblad CFV-50 images (49.1 x 36.8mm Kodak KAF-50100 sensor) to form a 60Mpx square image (that would ~correspond to a 49x49mm sensor), I get an image closer to the classical 6x6 look and feel, but with almost large format sharpness.

down sampled to 1600^2 px

Hasselblad 500C/M with CFV-50 digital back (at ISO 50), Zeiss Planar CF T* 80mm lens (at f/5.6); 3 images stitch. ACR 7.2 development (no color saturation change nor unsharp mask / clarity), cropped + fake film black frame added (6x6 nostalgia ;-) with PS CS6

Status
Not open for further replies.