The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NSFW: It's bedtime, isn't it?

Stan ROX

Hey,

from a shooting in July in Milano. Found today, started edititing three times (due to my lack of genius) and then:

(Hasselblad H4D-40, HC 50-110 @ 90 mm, f 4.5, 1/125 sec.)

RVB

Hey,

from a shooting in July in Milano. Found today, started edititing three times (due to my lack of genius) and then:

(Hasselblad H4D-40, HC 50-110 @ 90 mm, f 4.5, 1/125 sec.)

Love this Stan.. how do you get the skin to look so good.. it has a beautiful texture..

Stan ROX

Skin editing is a delicate procedure. We don't want to ge that plastic look, but to enhance a womans beauty, some work has to be done.

If you are interested to learn how to do so, you may write me a PN or mail - [email protected].

S.

micek

Love this Stan.. how do you get the skin to look so good.. it has a beautiful texture..
It might be my eyesight, but I can see hardly any texture at all, she is apparently a young lady with not a mole on her skin and no bodily hair...
just like a mannequin.

Stan ROX

It might be my eyesight, but I can see hardly any texture at all, she is apparently a young lady with not a mole on her skin and no bodily hair...
just like a mannequin.
Micek,

Ewa has very pale skin, with very less, blonde body hair. Thus, she looks to bright and beautiful.

There's a proof for that: As you can see, in the original file all the details are kept, while wrinkles and irritiations are removed.

I'm very sorry that there is no better way to show those girls beauty. Sizing down my 40 MPix H4D-Files to 1200x1200px is not very helpful in preserving the details ...

micek

Hi Stan

thanks for taking the time to clarify things, but don't you feel that leaving a few moles -I am not talking about spots or scars or any other mark people would generally not like to see in themselves, but simple, naturally occurring moles we are not really bothered by- would go some way to making the edited version look slightly more natural?
Anyway, it is simply a matter of taste, as others in this thread have expressed their admiration for your skin processing skills, so, thank you again for explaining the rationale behind your work.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like a well-done high-pass technique which I use myself.
It seems to fit well with a glamor-style image such as this. I usually leave the skin more as I find it in black and white art nudes especially when I shoot film.
Very nice shot of a lovely model IMO.
-bob