The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Brian Mosley

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera")

Well, we've been here many times before... I'm not going to get excited about a breakthrough in sensor technology (given the Fuji new sensor, which looked very promising) until after I've seen image samples.

The Sigma SD1 image samples were impressive - that's the kind of improvement I want to see for a 4/3rds format sensor.

Cheers

Brian

F

frelwa

Well, we've been here many times before... I'm not going to get excited about a breakthrough in sensor technology (given the Fuji new sensor, which looked very promising) until after I've seen image samples.
The OM-D is rumored to have a 16mp sensor like the X-Pro1, but the Olympus seems to be a high-end M43 camera, not FF or APS-C. Even so ... :confused:

Last edited:
F

frelwa

RIP Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera. Welcome back Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera. Please ignore X-S1 reference. Mistake :cry:
(modified quote passes muster)

V

Vivek

Product catalog-
Technological symphony climaxing in the Peak of Image Quality
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_pro1/pdf/index/x_pro1_catalogue_01.pdf

One interesting thing is that Fuji have been harping on the "film grain like" arrangement of the color filter pattern. What they do not even mention is that after an exposure, those grain patterns in film transform into something totally different. The tiny grains grow into long worms or spaghetti like structures.

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Product catalog-

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_pro1/pdf/index/x_pro1_catalogue_01.pdf

One interesting thing is that Fuji have been harping on the "film grain like" arrangement of the color filter pattern. What they do not even mention is that after an exposure, those grain patterns in film transform into something totally different. The tiny grains grow into long worms or spaghetti like structures.
1) how can you know that ?
2) why are you so hostile against Fujifilm ???
3) Why do you still waste your time in this thread if you already know what bad camera the X Pro 1 is ??????

V

Vivek

I don't know what your problem is with my post, ptmosu.

How can I know what? :confused:

It seems to me that your post is hostile to me for reasons I can not understand!:confused:

V

Vivek

I honestly do not understand what in my post provoked that hostility. I find it comical, honestly. :)

V

Vivek

That is without a lens attached, Cam!

With one of the 3 (especially the 35/1.4) it should be even smoother.:)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

I note that the EVF has a diopter adjustment (-2 to +1); does this contradict earlier reports of the need to use after-market diopter correction lenses? I hope so!

Flash sync speed: 1/2000"

cam

That is without a lens attached, Cam!

With one of the 3 (especially the 35/1.4) it should be even smoother.:)
i got that, sweetie! that's why my ears pricked up :p

(and, yes, you even know the lens i'd get)

M

Markus

I note that the EVF has a diopter adjustment (-2 to +1); does this contradict earlier reports of the need to use after-market diopter correction lenses? I hope so!

Flash sync speed: 1/2000"
Where did you find the info on the EVF diopter adjustment.

Searched the PDF manual and found just infos in the OVF thus far:
"Viewfinder focus can be adjusted using diopter ad- justment lenses available separately from third-party suppliers (P 98)."
"Recommended Third-Party Accessories
COSINA diopter adjustment lenses are recommended for use with this camera."

monza

Page 6

Diopter adjustment available from third parties

Page 98

They recommend Cosina diopter lenses

F

frelwa

New Fuji Guys comments on X-Pro1 manual focus:

"MF speed is improved over x100 with #FUJIFILM X-Pro1. Seems more accurate to me when fine tuning focus."

"You will be able to use MF during video with #FUJIFILM X-Pro1. CAF also available too"

- both posted yesterday on the Fuji Guys Twitter page.

sflxn

Only time will tell whether the AF and MF are any good. I hope they are, but I'm not optimistic.