The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by alan_w_george

1. A

FS: NEC PA301W-BK 30" Monitor

Reduced $1150.
  2. A

FS: Phase One IQ180

Sold:)
  3. A

Reduced $15,000 net.
  4. A

FS: NEC PA301W-BK 30" Monitor

Link to specs 415 625 3130, if you have any questions $1250 plus shipping and fees.
  5. A

Phase One AF Kit mentioned in my original post. 45mm 80mm
  6. A

I am parting ways with my beloved IQ180. It has 9196 on the frame counter and is in excellent shape. Used mostly on a Cambo rig (which will also be up for sale soon). Bought it from Steve Hendrix at CI when they first were released. Not currently under warrantee. Firmware is a little behind...
  7. A

Who needs more than 40mp on a MFDB?

To each his own... Not only do I use an 80Meg back, I stitch it 2x2:) Why? Because I desire to make 4' prints that you can view at any distance with no compromises. Nothing less than 300dpi will suffice. Some people use 8x10 film, so what? What's your point?
  8. A

Invention needed: firewire tether adapter and app for IPAD!

My IQ180 seems to have an iPhone screen built in to it already:) For iPad on location... IQ180---FW800--->Mac Book Pro (Capture One)---WiFi (Verizon MyFi Device)--->iPad (Capture Pilot)-->client:) All can be run off battery power.
  9. A

When oh when is USB3 coming to Phase backs?

I care. I paid (quite a bit) for a back that claimed(s) to have USB3 as a connectivity option. I keep my promises, I expect others to as well. From the Phase One site, "The IQ series digital camera backs are the first digital backs to feature a USB3 connection, facilitating faster image...
  10. A

Technical Camera Self Timer

I use this one with my mechanical release on a Cambo. https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1832
  11. A

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Cambo RS, IQ180, Rodie 55mm, 2x2x15mm stitch.
  12. A

C1 7.0.1 failing to process IQ180 files

Turning off OpenCL (MBP Retina Display) in C1 for Processing under Preferences seems to have fixed the issue. BTW, this was a suggestion from Phase support. They where surprisingly fast on the turn around. Thx for everyone's help!
  13. A

Humm, I tried that but still not working. Maybe I am missing something. I deleted /Applications/Capture* and moved ~/Library/Application Support/Capture One to Capture One.old. Deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone*. Reinstalled 7.0.1 and I am still seeing "Could not process file"...
  14. A

BTW, I just tried with C1 6.4.3 on the same machine and this file processed fine with the same recipe.
  15. A

I am having an issue with C1 7.0.1 and was wondering if anyone else has seen the same. I am on C1 7.0.1 on OS X 10.8.2 with IQ180 (fw 3.00.19). RAW file can be found here http://alan-george.com/tmp/IQ180_6205.eip I get the following error.. This is happening for about 50% of the images...