The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by animefx

1. animefx

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Fuji system and this forum as well. I've primarily shot Leica cameras the past 6 years or so and Canon before that. I've gotten rid of my Canon gear long ago as the system evolves way too slowly and I grew tired of the weight. Leica is my first love, but I'm adding...
  2. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

3. animefx

New 35 Summicron ASPH II photos? reviews?

I haven't seen a single photo here from this new lens or on L Camera Forum. No reviews yet either. I'm curious about it and the 11 blade aperture might give it better bokeh than it's predecessor.
  4. animefx

Will the next Leica M have an EyeRes EVF?

I'm trying to hold off a purchase of the Leica SL because I enjoy using rangefinders most. I'm concerned that Leica is going to wait until the year is nearly over before they release the next M unfortunately. We all know it will likely use a modified version of the Q and SL sensor which is...
  5. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

Close to wide open at f/1.8 Loving the Q. Everything about it makes me want to go out and shoot.
  6. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

The Stacks
  7. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

8. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

Received my Leica Q yesterday and had a few hours to play with it. So far, so good. I really enjoy this camera. I shot a lot of frames and the camera did lock up on me on 2 separate occasions so badly that turning it "off" didn't work. I had to remove the battery. Anyway, hopefully a firmware...
  9. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

These are quite good Ashwin. Great colors here and I'm loving the composition on that first photo especially. Have you found you have to tone down the orange saturation a bit on the Q? I got mine yesterday and find I need to reduce it a bit but haven't really figured out the sweet spot. -11...
  10. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

Looks like 15 megapixels for the 35mm crop view is still very nice. I can definitely handle that when I want to cheat and use the digital zoom. 35 mm crop view:
  11. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

Beautiful photos Jono. This camera inspires confidence as does the photographer!
  12. animefx

Fun with the Leica Q

That's great news! May I ask where you ordered yours from?
  13. animefx

Leica Q: First impressions.

Here is a treat for everyone... http://www.reddotforum.com/content/2015/06/leica-q-typ-116-review-a-full-frame-mini-m/#comment-16074 Red Dot Forum's review of the Leica Q. Click on the images for larger res previews. Even at these sizes I'm completely blown away by the ISO noise, color...
  14. animefx

First Leica Q photos up on Leicas Blog!

It will also be a fair amount larger, drain through batteries crazy, and I doubt the focus is as quick as the Q. Having said all that, I'm sure it will be a great camera. Thats quite an insane ISO especially for the megapixels. I had an A7 II briefly and liked it but the color isn't as good as...
  15. animefx

First Leica Q photos up on Leicas Blog!

I have placed my pre-order after seeing photos from Leica's blog, Jono's, and Steve Huff's. I think Leica is finally on the right track and even the ISO seems better than what we usual expect from Leica camears but maybe that is just my excitement talking? Jono: I'm curious about how loud the...