The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by asiafish

1. A

Seeking lens advice for light travel

I'd take the 35 and call it a day. My last trip to Japan I actually went a step further and left my Leica kit at home and took just the Fuji X100F with the tele attachment (makes it a 50mm equivalent).
  2. A

What are the best 3 or 4 lenses for a Canon DSLR camera?

50mm f/1.2L Keep it simple, one camera (6D for me) and one lens.
  3. A

Which lenses should a Canon DSLR user own?

Different for everyone. For me, I'm delighted with my 50mm f/1.2L and while it doesn't excite me and is rarely used, the 24-70mm f/4 IS L is my number two. Honestly, for what I use a DSLR for (travel to very humid places and light event work) I pretty much use the 50 L and call it a day.
  4. A

CCD Replacement Sensors - do they continue to have corrosion issues?

There is not and never was a new sensor. What is new is the cover glass for the sensor, and as it it is the cover glass that corrodes, the upgraded cover glass should solve the problem.
  5. A

the monochrom - CCD vs CMOS

I missed my original M Monochrom that I just bought another one (with the upgraded cover glass). Now I'm in Leica heaven again as this remains, by far, my favorite digital camera.
  6. A

WTB: Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M 6-bit

As the title says, I'm looking for a clean Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M with 6-bit coding. PM me if you have one for sale.
  7. A

FS: Leica M Monochrom CCD (sensor replaced 3/17), 4304 clicks

I am selling a very nice Leica M Monochrom CCD that I bought recently from Leica dealer Ken Hansen. The camera is mechanically and optically flawless and has only very feint finish wear from normal use. The baseplate has more significant brassing, but camera also comes with the genuine Leica...
  8. A

Noctilux : 1.0 to 0.95 : anyone not happy ?

I’d say no. I sold my 50 Lux ASPH to buy the f/0.95 and use it as my primary 50. When I absolutely want to go small and/or light I use my50 Cron (non APO) or my 1937 vintage 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar, which is even smaller and lighter, though far less perfect.
  9. A

FS/FT: Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux in EX+++ Condition

Lens is in beautiful used condition with perfect glass and minimal signs of wear on the barrel. Focus and aperture are both extremely smooth and the lens focuses accurately on both of my M bodies (M-D 262 purchased in 2016 and a 1974 model M5 calibrated by Sherry Krauter in 2015). I do not...
  10. A

FS: Leica Monochrom Silver (CCD)

Is this still available? Does it have the updated cover glass on the sensor?
  11. A

What's your favorite Leica?

M5, by far.
  12. A

Canon EF 35/1.4 II.

I just ordered mine on Sunday and should have it tomorrow. Can't wait.
  13. A

50mm Summicron v Summilux

Now that I've had the 50 LUX for a few months I completely agree; marvelous lens.
  14. A

50mm Summicron v Summilux

I was in much the same boat. I enjoyed th 50 Cron v5 for about three years on my M Monochrom, M-E and M5 and thought I'd keep it forever as m u standard lens, then found a gently used 50 Lux ASPH for $2200 and had to try it. The Cron was sold soon after. Th 50 Lux is clearly better at all...