The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Aviv1887

1. A

Alpa Branded Schneider 60mm XL lens in Alpa Short Barrel

Victor, PM send to you. Thank you
  2. A

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

The 23 definitely needs an LCC. I assume this is an auto function with the combo, but how about if you just buy the body only?
  3. A

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

I must say that I don't find the additional plate a very elegant solution...... Not to beat Alpa's drum but having two options for straps btw the body and the handle , knocks it out of the park imho.
  4. A

Does the IQ 2 60MP tether well in live view mode?

The LV refresh rate is slow on the 260 and not up to par with modern cmos sensors. However, I would use it outside with an ND filter and this gave me usable LV. Mostly as a framing device both on the DB screen and in Capture 1. Focusing was not great with LV on the 260. All depends on what...
  5. A

Question: Can I Use ISO 200 on a Phase one IQ 1 60 Back

I was always amazed by the image quality of the 260 with sensor +. The file size suffers but you gained so much. The "regular" 200 iso was very noisy in a not nice looking way.
  6. A

Fujifilm GFX100 II Teaser Video

Steve, do you have any idea how this new body is going to play with an AS Universalis?
  7. A

phase one XC…

The focus ring on the RS 23mm is basically a 2mm turn from 2 meters to infinity. This makes this lens super easy with "always" well-focused images (besides camera shake and ES refresh). Still, I do not understand why they picked this focal length without being able to change lenses. Sooooooo...
  8. A

Show us your Tech Cam

Dave, these small plates might shave off a few more grams.
  9. A

Anyone have experience with the Phase one IQ 160 or 180

I believe the IQ180 has sensor plus correct? If so, when I was using that on the 260 I owned, it did mostly away with the noise issue. Next to that, it had its own "look" and gave more flexibility in the files. With a 180 you would get 20mp files on sensor plus I believe (very nice 20mp) ...
  10. A

CamIf Abort Capture IQ4

I’m not in front of the DB but you need to go into the menu then I believe camera top menu and then switch off ES mode. I hope that explains it and helps.
  11. A

Faking live view in P45+ with a Sony RX100?

I used to do the framing with ND filters in my filter holder and remove that when you start shooting. Before that I used a ground glass on my Alpa but must say was a pita but it worked.
  12. A

Shoulder bag for Alpa Max + 2nd lens?

Ethan, Billingham bags will get more beautiful and worn in overtime 9and less bling looking). Keep the bag, a great addition to the Alpa beauty.
  13. A

centre filter questions

IMO, the biggest culprit is the IQ3100 sensor. It plays really badly with the SK 35mm XL. The sensors prior to the 100 were more forgiving with this lens. The IQ4150 blew new life in this wonderful little lens. On the IQ3100 you definitely need the center filter (IIF) and even then the file...
  14. A

New Hi-Res cameras - file size issues

Look into ChronoSync. Easy and reliable.
  15. A

Sony A7rIV on Arca Swiss M2?

My problem was the other way around. I upgraded to the IV and found out the hard way that my As Universalis became unusable. Thia is why im so curious if that body does work with M2. Does anybody know?