The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by BackToSlr

1. B

LA-E3 vs LA-EA4 for A7RII

Has anyone tried to remove the pellicle mirror on LA-EA4 and seen if faster AF happens with screw driven lenses? Perhaps a firmware fix or LAEA5 with the motor drive and no mirror... I want to keep the Minolta 200 HS and the tiny 135mm f2.8 the most, hope I can find an adapter to AF them... N
  2. B

If anyone in USA is looking for A7R II in stock...

I am looking for one, am going on a trip to Alaska on 23rd, would love to get one... Should have preordered, did not expect this long a wait for general availability... N
  3. B

New Sony A7RII announcement

Whoa! It apparently focuses Canon lenses pretty fast too! DPR staff comments <snip from the article> "One of the most impressive features of the a7R II is its autofocus system. 399 phase-detection AF points cover 45% of the frame, which means over 60% coverage in either horizontal or vertical...
  4. B

New issue A7II 'camera error'

As a Buddhist, perhaps it is wise to remember, "Desire is the root cause of sorrow" :D
  5. B

Lost my A6000 eye cup

AFAIK, most of APS-C sized ones seem to work. I remember ones from Pentax and Canon working on Alpha series as well... N
  6. B

Sony's (lack of?) lens quality control

Me: If I look at the sample size you presented (5) then 1 sample is not very different (it is the same order of magnitude). I can say that 100% of samples are good, that was kind of the point i was trying to make with anecdotal sampling. :) Anyway this discussion has run its course, hope that...
  7. B

LOL, so you are surmising that there is a quality problem and all unreported lenses are untested and therefore faulty? Unfortunately statistics don't work like that. Public relations can work like that, but that has nothing to do with the quality itself. To add to that, my experience with Sony...
  8. B

Something Wicked This Way Comes.

My guess is that it would be a MF with fixed lens like RX1 series...rest of the ecosystem will work with Sony E mount system, and it will be one MF grade addition to the kit... N
  9. B

ZoranC, It is not a sample set of 5, but a sample set of 5 complainers, even more restricted :). I think i did not get the point across correctly. If there are opinions expressed online (social media etc.) a significant majority of them are negative, so it is traditionally (social media...
  10. B

ZoranC, I am not the one to usually get in the way of a good rant, however, as someone who designs machine learning algorithms, where statistics is a necessary evil, I must point out that the sample set of 5 that you talk of is extremely skewed. It is well known most of online responses are...
  11. B

A7r Format SD card

If it is anything like the regular alpha series camera menu, it should be context sensitive. If you go to image preview and press menu it will take you to format/delete section instantly. Haven't tried A7/A7R yet ... N
  12. B

A7/r users, Eye Focus??

It may not be lens dependent. Is face tracking turned on? N
  13. B

A7 or A7r

That one works only in APS-C crop mode though. Cheers, N
  14. B

Fun with the A99!

Full size in EVF.
  15. B

Fun with the NEX-6

:) Thanks, I guess they dont ship the adapter with the body ...I think they do with A99... N