The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by BarbaraJ

1. BarbaraJ

Fun with MF images 2023

I don't see this so much as fashion as awe inspiring; her strength!
  2. BarbaraJ

Fun with MF images 2023

The tones in the first image are especially lovely.
  3. BarbaraJ

Fun with MF images 2023

This one looks more dangerous.
  4. BarbaraJ

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Quite a difference! I prefer the crop image. 16:9 keeps the best part of the sky and showcases the land. Looks like a good walk when weather permits. Thank you for explanation. There is so much to learn here.
  5. BarbaraJ

The pale light in this image is beautiful. I find this format very attractive and wonder how you achieved it.
  6. BarbaraJ

New to the forum

Welcome Ben. Checked out your website and enjoyed the Pound Project. Considering that place from the outside (google street), the people inside are so bright, and sunny! The B&W headshots are different, especially Anna, a memorable portrait, hope she loved it.
  7. BarbaraJ

Panasonic GX9 ... impulse buy

When I was shopping for a camera I tried one of the new Sonys. Jumbled out of my hands so quickly I almost dropped it. Salesperson acted shocked.
  8. BarbaraJ

Panasonic GX9 ... impulse buy

I don't use the viewfinder that much since I tend to shoot from the waist and then my left hand cradles the lens and I use my thumb on the shutter button. Try keeping both eyes open and use your right eye for the viewfinder, will keep your face off the touch screen and you'll get less wrinkles...
  9. BarbaraJ

Comment by 'BarbaraJ' in media 'B&W V1JettyRollingclouds.jpg'

I have never seen an image capturing the movement in the clouds quite like this one before. I like it! About a year and a half ago, or maybe before the great shut-down, I discovered Rachel Talibart. You might like to check out her "Sirens" series. The imagery she captures in the movement of...
  10. BarbaraJ

Fun with MF images 2023

This image is breathtaking. I almost did not enter this forum because I thought it was something else, possibly too advanced for me. And here I come across cameras I did not know existed. Very happy to be exploring new paths.
  11. BarbaraJ

street images, any camera

Still getting the hang of how these forums work. Thank you for your reply, I understand better what I prefer about this image. The long lens gives the feeling of distance, a moment of observation rather than eavesdropping. Get too close in the street and it becomes a portrait.
  12. BarbaraJ

The clouds in this B&W are perfection. :)
  13. BarbaraJ

street images, any camera

My favorite kind of image :)
  14. BarbaraJ

Lumix G9 file transfer to Ipad

Just wondering how the photography "partnership" is going. It's been almost two years. Leica, 2T iPad pro, or jpg? Personally, I love shooting jpg to iPad to everyone I know :)
  15. BarbaraJ

Hello from China

Welcome to this group. I too am new here. I went to your website, your work is wonderful to look at, I went through images at least 3 times.