The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by bcf

1. bcf

Any interest in the D810?

Thanks Jorgen, I understand your choice better now. You have very specific needs, which are better served by the D810. Yet what is more, the camera is not limited to these needs - it's really a jack of all trades, and master of most :) For my own needs, I think I would be better served by the...
  2. bcf

Great phrase... and so true :) Now why not a D750? Still great, and a more manageable size and weight.
  3. bcf

Wow... Are you really leaving m4/3 behind? Will you use the D810 now for all these marvelous people and travel pics you make? Won't it be too big?
  4. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Now that you have used both cameras, do you feel a difference in build quality between A7 and A7R?
  5. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Thanks, Ron and Jim. Does this mean that you need to use higher ISOs? Up to which level would you comfortably go on the A7R? :)
  6. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Thanks! So, would you say that you do benefit from the resolution, even handheld? Do you need particularly high shutter speeds? With a 180, sure, but say with the 35 or 55? What is the size of the A7 and A7R files? By "smaller", do you mean you...
  7. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series The thread is dedicated to both A7 and A7R, but the overwhelming majority of images seem to be made with the A7R. So... A7R or A7 users, what made you choose one or the other? And now that you have used it for quite some time, would you make the same...
  8. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Bedankt!
  9. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Michiel, have you tried the Zeiss 24-70 FE lens as well?
  10. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Thanks! I'll look this up. I always appreciate your compositions, which I feel are never "in your face", and bring something interesting to discover in the frame. And your play ith colors as well.
  11. bcf

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Good compositions! One probably dumb question, Michiel... I suppose the Contax zoom is manual focus on the A7r? Is the focusing easy?
  12. bcf

Travel backpack for compact cameras?

f-stop Kenti. Perhaps a bit too big for your need. But very compact, high usability, exceptional backpack.
  13. bcf

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

Thanks Jono. Makes sense!
  14. bcf

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

Jono, do you think that 16mp is enough to crop, while 12mp was not? I agree it is more pixels, but not that many. This being said, it might be enough to make a difference.
  15. bcf

Capture One 8.0.1 released

In Preferences/General, select "Auto" for both Display and Processing.