The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by benroy

1. B

Deleted

Dear Friends: I need to remind you that there is a wealth of superb Minolta lenses available for Sony A mount. I have the A99 and the following Minolta lenses: 28/2, 35/2, 50/2.8 macro, 100/2.8 macro, 100/2, 135/2.8, 28-135/4, 80-200/2.8, and the amazing 200/2.8. They are all AF and well...
  2. B

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Quentin: The picture of the bridal couple is marvelous...thanks for sharing...love those glowing smiles! Roy Benson
  3. B

Quentin: Thanks for the lovely Jessie image...my long-hair dachsie, Ivy, is getting gray in the muzzle also. 77 is a great lens, put to its best here. Roy Benson
  4. B

Congrats on receiving/using the 77/1.8...terrific, high quality lens...have had one for years and it has never disappointed...enjoy. Roy Benson
  5. B

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Dear Barry: I am a huge fan of your work, and look forward to seeing it every day...but...please: stop messing with the color. Just share straightforward images like the garden above...Looking forward to seeing more. Roy Benson
  6. B

Well said...there are quite a number of K-1 users that don't post...I'm one of them...but we do talk to one another: Bart, Rich communicate often. And I do appreciate the work being shared...keep it coming. Roy Benson
  7. B

PANALEICA DG 100-400mm / F4.0-6.3

Lovely stuff, Bart. This lens was made for your eye! Looking forward to more. All the best, Roy
  8. B

Minolta Maxxum 28-135 Zoom on Sony A7

You will not only survive, you will flourish...the AF adapter is a bit clumsy, but the lenses are first rate and well worth the trouble. Enjoy. Try the 100/2 and the 200/2.8 and you won't turn back. Roy Benson
  9. B

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Those were dark times, Bart. Thanks for the remembrances. Roy Benson
  10. B

Minolta Maxxum 28-135 Zoom on Sony A7

I have the 28-135 Minolta lens (along with an array of Minolta Maxxum lenses) that I use with the AF adapter on the the A7 and the A7RII. This is a very sharp lens at all focal lengths. However, it is not fast...it does not AF fast, and it does not focus close. I cannot speak about optical...
  11. B

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all...I have enjoyed the fine work shared in this forum all year. It's been wonderful. Roy Benson
  12. B

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Great black and white images, Bart. Thanks for sharing. Roy Benson
  13. B

Rx1r2

Thanks, Quentin. I have looked at the " fun with" pages...mostly Vivek snapshots...that's why I was hoping to find something here. Roy Benson
  14. B

Rx1r2

Where are the pictures...I can't find any @#$%& pictures...please provide pictures. Roy Benson
  15. B

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Lovely image, Bart...best of the bunch. Roy Benson