The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by biglouis

1. biglouis

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Greylag Geese. Although not my favourite type of bird I am nevertheless once again very pleased with the AF and rendering by the OM-1 and ED300f4. I passed this through DxOPureRAW3 (At present I am boycotting v4 as I paid for my upgrade to v3 just three days shy of the free upgrade period and...
  2. biglouis

A quick test of the MC-20 I just acquired coupled with the 300f4 and OM-1. Long tailed tit.
  3. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Happy St Patrick's Day, from the BT Tower to you! Fujifilm X-T4, XF55-200, f8, 1/1000, iso2500
  4. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Yes, they are eye-catching. Another thing which struck me was the size of the cockpit. It is very roomy. This was the world's first ever commercial jet powered airliner. Something that Frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine, dreamed would be possible even when he was initially developing...
  5. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

The Office, De Havilland DH106 Comet 1A (de Havilland Museum, Herts, UK) - Fujifilm XT-4, XF10-24, exposure bracketed.
  6. biglouis

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

JUBILEE STREET MANSIONS, STEPNEY, EAST LONDON. RicohGRIII+GW4 wide angle adapter.
  7. biglouis

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Nice Motor!
  8. biglouis

I decided to commit further to the Olympus system and I purchased the lowest cost second hand one from MBP here in the UK and am quite delighted with what I received. Looks not far from new, glass is clean with no marks and it focusses fine. The only thing which is not fine is the weather in the...
  9. biglouis

Barn Owl, OM-1, 100-400+TC1.4. Turning into the final moments of sunlight as the sun dips below the horizon.
  10. biglouis

Ricoh GR III

Nice photo. The Ricoh GRIII is a 'small' APS-C camera but not a 'small sensor' camera. There is a thread which celebrates its virtues in the 'Other Cameras section.
  11. biglouis

I keep expecting the 'buyers remorse' to kick in after selling off my Fuji-based birding kit to go back to m43rds and specifically Olympus but after a month of shooting I remain absolutely delighted. Yes, the AF could be slightly improved but in general subject detection, stickiness once...
  12. biglouis

Home Hunting, it is almost that time of the year... OM-1, 100400.
  13. biglouis

Got me a TC1.4x (cheap grey import) to add to my 100-400. With some post processing jiggery-pokery it is possible to get good results. Olympus OM-1, 100-400, iso10000, 560mm, f11, 1/4000
  14. biglouis

That is really convincingly 'film-like' and a beautiful capture.
  15. biglouis

OM-1, 100-400. Red Kite Female Kestrel