The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Bill_Green

1. B

A7R III : Best way to shoot a time lapse tethered ( macbook pro + Capture One ) ?

Doesn’t C1 have an intervalometer in the tether settings or am I thinking of the old Sony capture software?
  2. B

Newbie Question?Comment. My Canon 5D4 vs Medium Format setup

First, addressing your question of red skin tones, that is more of a characteristic of Canon's image processing than DSLRs in general. However, at some level you can address it with camera profiling. It's pretty easy in C1, and I imagine the same in Lightroom, but it is always there. The short...
  3. B

Compairing old digital backs with new dslr systems?

Interesting question and I think a lot of people are in the same boat. I came to the conclusion long ago that for me, my finances and my clients MFD is a waste of time and money because most of my work is only seen online and I know even knowledgable clients really can't see the difference. This...
  4. B

Sony Camera Design

I've heard little things here and there about Sony claiming water/environmental damage on cameras that have never been exposed to water. This would explain it.
  5. B

Deleted

Thanks Marc, great information as always. Maybe I need to suck it up and look in to AIR.
  6. B

Deleted

I think it either works for you or not. Every photographer who picks up my A900 comments that it feels clumsy. I guess I never noticed, but it is a different feel. Marc, I don't think anyone is discounting your experience, but I think Erik's point about whether the old lenses will hold up to...
  7. B

Atomos 4K Recorders

If you are dabbling in video because 'hey, why not?' then the Atomos recorders are great -- small, reliable, easy to use. If you are getting one because this is your job, go with Convergent Designs. The multi cam features on the Apollo is incredible.
  8. B

GM Lenses

I owned a Leica DMR and replaced it with a Sony A900. I also nearly bought an Aptus back just before the XF came out. I fully understand your concern.
  9. B

A7rii S-Log profile?

Chris, how does the Sony work with the RED?
  10. B

Lightroom and PSB files

This is great, thanks Wayne.
  11. B

44x33mm vs 48x36mm digital backs

At the risk of sounding trite, you just need to try them both. For photographing people, the P30+ is a great back, partly because it doesn't feel slow. Were I choosing between a P25 and a P30+ for portraits, I would go with the P30+ for all the reasons that Digitalcameraman listed. Now, I have...
  12. B

Medium format film camera

I don't know what you are doing in your classes or what you need in a camera, but I would think that a camera that you can swap backs on is important, and one that has polaroid backs easily available. It's hard to beat the simplicity and flexibility of the V-system Hasselblad. A Hasselblad H2 is...
  13. B

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Matt, any camera info you are willing to share?