The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by biomed

1. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

Roy, I agree with you. This lens takes a bit of practice. As with any short lens, awareness of subject placement and keeping the camera level can be critical if distortions are to be kept to a minimum. I strongly recommend using a spirit level mounted in the flash shoe if your camera does not...
  2. biomed

Gh3 L Bracket

GH3 L bracket The L bracket does limit the full range of the LCD movement as can be seen in the GIF animation. The bracket is two piece, so it can be used as a base plate only.
  3. biomed

GH3 Manual Focus?

This may be a feature for videographers to avoid the lens refocusing during recording. I am pretty much a novice to video, so this is just a guess. I use my GH3 in MF mode nearly 100% of the time. I also use a lot of adapted Nikkor and Voigtlander lenses which will only focus manually.
  4. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

That is indeed a huge advantage of the fully articulated screen. When using the GH3/7-14 combo I almost always use the LCD to compose and focus. I don't believe I would shoot much with this lens without this feature.
  5. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

6. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

7. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

8. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

9. biomed

Panasonic 7-14

GH3, 4/7-14
  10. biomed