The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by BobDavid

1. B

Stuck in traffic with a phone

I really get frustrated when an interesting photo op comes along and all I've got is my crude, very crude, Motorola phone cam.
  2. B

Nikon refurb lenses--good or bad idea?

I am thinking about purchasing a $1,500 lens from the Nikon outlet store. It is a refurb. Nikon only gives a 90 day warranty on refurbs. If a lens or camera doesn't function correctly, it has to go back to Nikon for repairs. You cannot simply exchange it for another. Has anyone out there had...
  3. B

FS: Sony a850, lenses, and flash

Re: FS: Sony Alpha lenses, and flash UPDATE: 1. SOLD: Sony a850 and hotshoe adapter for Pocket Wizard, very clean with no visible signs of wear --- $1,035 2. SOLDL Sony-Zeiss 24-70mm f/8---no visible signs of wear, great copy--- $1,325 HVL-F42AM flash with Promaster TTL extension cord still...
  4. B

FS: Sony a850, lenses, and flash

I have migrated to a different system and am parting with my Sony gear. I have the original boxes and paper work for all items. 1. Sony a850 and hotshoe adapter for Pocket Wizard, very clean with no visible signs of wear --- $1,035 2. Sony-Zeiss 24-70mm f/8---no visible signs of wear, great...
  5. B

Ruminations on New Year's Resolutions

New Year's ResolutionsTop Dog Imaging
  6. B

Non-Partisan Wiener Dog

Cooper gives his take on politics: Wiener Dog DaysTop Dog Imaging
  7. B

FT: Multi-shot hassey kit for H4D40

I have a ultra clean CF39-MS, H2F body, HVX90 finder, 80mm lens that I am looking to trade for a clean H4D40 and 50MM II lens. I may consider swapping out my kit for the H4D40 without the 50mm with cash instead.
  8. B

Restoring versus resuscitating an old photo

Here is a brief description of the options available to those interested in saving tintype images. Resuscitating a Post Civil War TintypeTop Dog Imaging
  9. B

Michael Reichman

I hope he pulls through. He is a champ for many photogs all over the world. What a terrible ordeal for him and his family.
  10. B

Mannequins

Pleather canines: oh my! Dog MannequinsTop Dog Imaging
  11. B

Cat Photography At a Shelter

Here is a story about what it takes to photograph cats at an animal shelter. Being a dog photographer, this is especially interesting. The difference between cats and dogs is er like um the difference between cats and dogs. Photography and CatsTop Dog Imaging
  12. B

Outside

Q: How many times a day do I ask my dog if she wants to go outside? A: A lot. I have been trying to force myself to go outside of the studio to photograph dogs. I do not like dog parks. I do like seeing dogs that are out for walks with their humans. Here's a retired K-9 that I ran into a couple...
  13. B

A Tale of Tails

I had an interesting outing at one of the bigger Central Florida animal shelters. Dog Day at the ShelterTop Dog Imaging
  14. B

Zeiss 24-70 Handles the Sun

F/10. Sensor is fine. 1/4000 sec.
  15. B

Zeiss 24-70 Handles the Sun

I took pictures of a sun halo with the Zeiss yesterday. I am surprised by how well it did being that I pointed it directly at the sun. HaloTop Dog Imaging