The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by bomzi

1. B

Using a film back with a technical camera

Thanks for the tip. I think I need to just be very careful when winding it forward.
  2. B

Using a film back with a technical camera

I'm using a Mamiya ProSD 6x7 back on an Arca Swiss RM3Di with inconsistent results. Basically, I sometimes get only 6 frames instead of 8. The gap between frames tends to vary quite dramatically. Sometimes there is just 1/2" and sometimes well over 1". Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly...
  3. B

Positive feedback for Alkibiades

@Alkibiades is a trust worthy and reliable person. I've bought two items from him and both have been delivered on time an very well packed. Highly recommended.
  4. B

Sinar F2

I donated my F2 to a photography school.
  5. B

Sigma fp L and Rm3di

Has anyone been working with a tech camera and the Sigma fp L? I'm wondering about the possibility of using it with an Rm3di
  6. B

Technical Camera Images

Check out Guido Guidi's work. He is a master of compositions like the first photo you posted.
  7. B

FS - PRICES REDUCED - Arca Swiss RM3Di - Bodies and Accessories

Is the Rotaslide still available?
  8. B

Cloud Storage

I would have all the files on a drive that would be in my suitcase. The cloud storage would be as a fail safe backup.
  9. B

Cloud Storage

I am going to be moving to a different country in the next few months and wanted to find a cloud storage solution as a failsafe. While I intend to carry my external RAID drive (it's not very large) with me on the flight (checked in luggage), my and my wife's (she's an artist) Imacs will travel...
  10. B

How do you pack your tech cam when outdoors?

The DB and my RM3Di are kept separately when taking a flight. The DB, RM3Di, two lenses, Sony A7R3+ ts-e 24, all spare batteries, along with a small macbook air are hand carried in a Peak Design Messenger bag. While the bag becomes quite heavy, airline staff have yet to give me any trouble as it...
  11. B

P45+ night photography problem

I've noticed the same problem when photographing a scene with certain types of LED lights. I think it may have something to do with the diffuser on the LED light fixtures or the way light is transmitted.
  12. B

Graphics Tablet

I'm thinking about buying a graphics tablet for photo editing purposes. Figured I'd use this never ending lockdown to learn something new. I photograph architecture and urban landscapes and do all the post work myself on an 27" Imac 5K. The tablet would be useful for burn/ dodge layers and for...