The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by cam

1. C

FS: MINT Leica Q

Why not put it in this thread for others that may have the same question?
  2. C

Capture One Pro 10 is here!

Are you all using Media Pro to catalog your photos? Or something else? TA in advance!
  3. C

Leica M10 coming on Thursday 1-19-17??

Tiny batteries, big cock :D
  4. C

Leica M10 coming on Thursday 1-19-17??

My absolute dream!!! Let me control the sound of the cock, not to mention how lovely it makes the camera feel in your hand! Silent shutter on the RD-1 -- are you mad? That thing could wake the dead! But, ah, the recocking -- blissfully quiet... And there's nothing I loved more than getting into...
  5. C

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

I have the original MM (CCD) and rarely, if ever, get banding in low light... I do, however, wish I had brought out my old 50/1 rather than the Summicron as I really do like to shoot impossible light. ****** I did get banding on some of the Q shots when I tried it, but it was totally operator...
  6. C

Sony RX1R II vs. Sony RX1...... Round one....FIGHT!

Ooooooh -- did you feel me perk up when you compared the low light capability to the A7S? (And thank you for mention about it focusing correctly... Which AF mode do you use btw?) You are an evil enabler, especially with all your fantastic street shots... Thank you!
  7. C

Sony RX1R II vs. Sony RX1...... Round one....FIGHT!

Bumping this thread as Cindy and Lucille (any others?) have now had a few weeks to play with the new model. When asking in the other forum about the Leica Q vs the RX1R II, there was more enthusiasm for the Sony so I want to know if the new model really is all that! Better AF? Check! Better...
  8. C

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

I truly appreciate everybody who's shared their opinions and photos with me. I own the original RX1 w/the VF and was possibly considering a trade-in to upgrade -- but then someone put their arm around me whilst we were out at night and the camera took a nosedive, lens first, onto the cobbles...
  9. C

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

Bumping this thread to see opinions now that the dust has settled... Which camera did people get and how are they feeling about it now? Any regrets? TIA
  10. C

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

That would be ma'am :angel:
  11. C

Rx1r2

Nice to know my v.1 camera is not so obsolete :grin: And, yes, agree with you about familiarity fixing the sluggishness. Once I got my head around the awful menu system and set the camera up for my type of shooting (almost always in manual), I never had an issue with it's speed -- and I use the...
  12. C

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

Ummmm, respectively disagree. You're obviously not hanging out with the right girls.
  13. C

Olympus TG4 macro monster

Thank you! Always appreciate the help, especially as I'm not usually an Olympus shooter -- though I'm friendly with the rep here -- and my guy is almost exclusively Oly. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but will probably do macros galore next week... Not that I've ever done them...
  14. C

Olympus TG4 macro monster

Glad to see this thread up! I think I'm about to bite the bullet on this one as I just spent an excruciating week in Hawaii, wanting to take pics in the water... I'll be going back next month and knew I couldn't go back without a waterproof cam... In looking at what was available, this macro...
  15. C

Poll: choose 2 Leica M lenses for travel

Ah, I see, the Q was not for you (if I had the monies, I'd buy it from you!). *********** Which leads me to ask -- how many people are content with one camera, two lenses? And who would prefer to have two cameras with them (each with a different focal length)?