The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Chris Barrett

1. Chris Barrett

Phase One IQ3 100mp. Shipping now. Full frame CMOS. HDMI.

Agreed. While I am really intrigued with this new back, especially anxious to see the results of a 16bit pipeline... 100mb is much more than I need for my commercial work and less than I want for my personal work. For my art work, I'm currently shooting 4x10 color neg and drum scanning at 4k...
  2. Chris Barrett

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Distorted, cropped, striaghened and what not... the Mk2 still has pixels to spare.
  3. Chris Barrett

Canon TS lenses on A7 bodies

Check out this job I shot recently for a brochure. It's all on the A7rII with Canon glass. Most of the tight shots were with the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM. Autofocus via the Metabones was awesome. I also used the 17-40 and the 17 TS-e quite a bit. Ok, actually, some of that was on the...
  4. Chris Barrett

The TS-e's function similarly on the view camera and the MetaBones. With longer lenses, what's a little different about the view camera setup as opposed to a film or digital back view camera is that I typically see vignetting in the opposite corner of where I would expect it. So... if I'm...
  5. Chris Barrett

I've been using them for at least a year on dozens of commercial shoots without issue. Lately, more with the view camera, but the Metabones has been great too. Mine is the MkIII without the flocking. The Mk IV is supposed to reduce internal reflections better.
  6. Chris Barrett

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

Do you happen to have a center crop (unshifted image) from the Leica? That would help give a sense of how much shift is available with it's image circle. Thanks! Chris Edit: here's what I've extrapolated based on the frame lines at the outer image circle. Let me know if this is incorrect...
  7. Chris Barrett

Capture One rotation when tethered

Ben, I've cross posted this to LuLa since Phase One dealers hang out there and hopefully will have a solution. http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=105223.0
  8. Chris Barrett

Capture One rotation when tethered

I've head this issue when shooting in studio (straight down) or with Architecture (straight up). The camera literally doesn't know which way is up when you have it perfectly leveled and pointing up or down. For me, it was with Phase One backs. When I correct the rotation in Capture 1, the...
  9. Chris Barrett

A7r, Actus and Canon 'dumb' mount

Given that the lower right vignette is so asymmetrical I would have to guess that a bit of the bellows or possibly even the camera body cavity is getting in the way. I have a custom dumb mount for my Arca. I'll look at my 24 tomorrow to see how it vignettes on the A7r2. -CB
  10. Chris Barrett

DPR allows some Leica SL and A7RII comparisons

Huh... well, I've made hundreds of images with the A7r for my clients and no one has ever complained about my crappy camera. Actually, I'm not seeing much quality difference between the Mk1 and the Mk2 (uncompressed or what have you). Also, I never saw any issues with compressed raws; my Phase...
  11. Chris Barrett

Canon glass and Arca R-mount

I saw two different Canon mounts at the Expo. One was a lensboard for the view cameras and the other mounted on R Cameras. With a digital back, you'll need their focal plane shutter. On a view camera, you can mount a dslr or mirrorless and the Canon board is self contained with a USB out for...
  12. Chris Barrett

Comparing A7R2 compressed and uncompressed raw files

Just installed C1P 8.3.3. Still no uncompressed RAW support. :(
  13. Chris Barrett

Arca Canon Mount

Arca was showing a prototype Canon Mount lens board at PhotoPlus. Aperture control is built in and is actuated by two buttons (up and down on the f/stop scale basically) You can also hold the two buttons down simultaneously to open the lens fully then close it back down. An LCD on the front...
  14. Chris Barrett

Sony A7RII Dull Files?

Funny... guys who shoot cinematography live for flat files that they have more control over in grading. I think the Sony files have plenty of beef to go where you're taking them... but honestly, your before and afters feel hugely over-processed and unnatural to me. Just my 2 cents. *This...
  15. Chris Barrett

new project - sinar P2 conversion to a7series

I can't see the newer pictures either. Also, if I go to to your website, I'm getting "403 Forbidden." Must be some sort or weird region restriction? CB