The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by chrisd

1. C

70-200mm F4 lens for A7rII - which one?

Well, I took a slightly different path. I came across a mint used A-mount 70-300 G (version I) for a "steal" ($300), so I picked that up along with an LA-EA3 and a mint Minolta 70-210 Beercan, and sold my FE 70-200 (for more than I paid for it used), and had about $800 left over. Although I was...
  2. C

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

View of Toronto from Ward's Island. A7R with FE 16-35.
  3. C

Street (images)

I'm not really a "street" shooter, but this one might fall into the category. With my A7RII and FE 16-35mm.
  4. C

How does the Canon 16-35/4 work on Sony A7rII and what about other wide angles?

Back in 2014, before the FE 16-35mm was available, I used the Canon 16-35mm f/4 with a Metabones III (then IV) adapter on my A7R. After I purchased the FE 16-35, I kept the Canon for a period of time and compared the two with the idea that the Sony may go back if it didn't match the Canon. I did...
  5. C

From Capitol Reef National Park. Shot with A7II and FE 16-35mm.
  6. C

Argh! Silent shutter got me.

EFCS works well up to 1/2000 sec exposure. Beyond that the shutter will start to be seen on one side of the image. Need to turn it off at that point.
  7. C

From Capitol Reef National Park. Shot with A7II and FE 16-35mm.
  8. C

Who would be interested to see a sony or zeiss e mount tilt shift lens

Please let us know how it turns out. According to Roger Cicala at lensrentals.com (LensRentals.com - 404 "OK, let’s start by saying the stuff above is taken from manufacturer’s marketing materials. The section on Optics is true – but only when you’ve stopped down to f/8 or so. Wide open, the...
  9. C

Indeed, 21mm make a choice and differentiate from very decent CaNikon choices. If it makes any difference, I would be interested really in a shift only lens, mainly to correct perspective distortion (and for the odd stitched panorama). Never really used the tilt feature on my 17mm and rarely...
  10. C

Apparently, Samyang already make a 24mm tilt-shift lens for e-mount. Have not heard much about this lens on any mount. http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/samyang-ts-24mm-tilt-shift-sony-emount-lens.html
  11. C

Still learning B&W composing and post processing. It's funny but a few years ago I hated B&W images, but I am growing to love them more than colour a lot of the time.
  12. C

Sony FE 16-35/f4

Here are a few handheld shots taken with the FE 16-35 and A7II:
  13. C

Sony FE 16-35/f4

10-18 is for aps-c cameras, not full frame. It can be used on FF but the edges are not good. As for which A7 body? If you need 36MP, get the A7R- it has the same sensor as your D800e. If you shoot mostly handheld, consider the A7II, with IBIS. Take a look over at the DPReview forums and you...
  14. C

Sony FE 16-35/f4

A few more shots with the FE 16-35 taken from the Toronto waterfront. All handheld except last image. f/8, 16mm, 1/15sec, ISO 100: f/5.6, 19mm, 1/60sec, ISO 500: f/5.6, 17mm, 1/60sec, ISO 500: f/11, 19mm, 1/10sec, ISO 100, Tripod:
  15. C

Sony FE 16-35/f4

Another from the past weekend: f8, 1/60s, 16mm, ISO 100, handheld: