The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ChrisLivsey

1. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

More recently travels have been closer to home, if 300 miles is closer. This the sea front at Aberdeen Scotland, not a stitch panorama just a crop on M9 with 50mm Ash Summicron. Being on the East coast this is morning sun, although I lived here for four years I never got used to that, I'm west...
  2. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

We are too easily seduced by new "toys" the M8 was new once upon a time and I agree on the Summicrom 28mm Asph especially on the M8 but currently seduced by the Summicron 50mm Asph a tremendous lens. Your restaurant reminded me of this summer in Switzerland Kandersteg-Sunnbüel. In my...
  3. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Just to show I have not espoused colour photography and that the weather was a times, most of time, superb in Switzerland: This from just below that Niederhorn aerial in the frame below, it's the cliché bokeh shot, has to be taken or the cliché is dying. From Lake Thun,literally, looking...
  4. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Lake Thun looking across towards Spiez from Merligen, Switzerland. M9, 50mm Summicron Asph, Capture One
  5. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

China's First Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors The exhibition is organised by National Museums Liverpool, United Kingdom and the Shaanxi Provincial Cultural Relics Bureau and Shaanxi History Museum (Shaanxi Cultural Heritage Promotion Centre), People’s Republic of China. Above three...
  6. ChrisLivsey

Leica CM .......June ?

Surely not :cool: It's Cologne next, not the city the splash on, then branded cigar cutters and humidors, scented candles, razor and brush set, soap on a rope, headphones - Oh wait a moment: https://www.masterdynamic.eu/pages/master-dynamic-leica-0_95-collaboration
  7. ChrisLivsey

recommendations for a Leica M strap (Film/Digital)

That depends:- :o
  8. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Sometimes only colour will do: M9 28mm f2 Asph Summicron
  9. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Kind comments on my M8 post are appreciated, the "old girl" has competition from the M9 now, but it does open up travel possibilities with two swappable lenses, 28mm on the M9 and 50mm on the M8 gives a good spread then swop and its a classic 35/50 combination, bit close really for me but I may...
  10. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

My M8 (upgraded, remember that?) is back from Leica with two circuit boards replaced and a rangefinder clean, they said the hot-shoe was damaged, probably a result of a tumble with a "thumbs up" attached years ago so that was replaced and the old serial number engraved in the new font so that...
  11. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Time for some monochrome work M9 and ZM C Sonnar 50mm f1.5 A memorial in memory of the four cotton workers killed in the 1842 strike was unveiled on Lune Street Preston UK on 13 August 1992 - the 150th anniversary of the shooting. Following a demonstration and rock throwing the Mayor of Preston...
  12. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Black Linn Falls at Ossian's Hall Dunkeld Perthshire Scotland M9 50mm f1.5 C Sonnar Ossian's Hall was built 1758 by a nephew of the 2nd Duke of Atholl as a surprise for the Duke it is a circular building with an opening onto a balcony that overlooks the falls. The view is made theatrical...
  13. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

Loch Faskally Perthshire Scotland Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f1.5 M9 C1
  14. ChrisLivsey

Fun w/Digital M Images

M9 It was one of those days with persistent rain so it was table top, or actually floor, time. I keep looking at the Visolflex "lego' kit but I don't go much closer than this and the 90mm Elmarit -M does a decent job even wide open, which I needed for hand held, so I made a virtue of the narrow DOF.
  15. ChrisLivsey

Leica cl vs Sony a7iii

"Value" in digital cameras can be looked at from the POV of actual money lost, which makes Leica look less well, or as a depreciation percentage when it looks better, consider: UK Launch price of M8 £3,000 now £1,000 lost £2,000 or 67% UK Launch price of D200 £1,300 now £180 lost £1,120 or 86%...