The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by cmcmillan

1. cmcmillan

Nikon 1 V3

I just saw the micro sd thing this morning. That really kills it for me. I already have a huge enough investment in CF and Regular SD/SDHC cards for my cameras. I don't want to have to buy a bunch of new cards in a new format and get another card reader or an adapter to SD (which will...
  2. cmcmillan

Nikon 1 V3

I agree with that too. Without the right shutter speed, the shots wont look right at all. I was debating one of these and the FT-1 Adapter with the 70-200 or 24-70mm FX Lenses on it for some indoor sports work I had coming up in late spring. I would need to get a hold of one to test with...
  3. cmcmillan

GM1 anyone?

I'm still on the fence for this camera. I was considering either this or a GX7 as a carry everywhere with small primes and the 7-14mm in a small Domke kit. I played with a GX7 a month or so ago at my local camera store, I liked how it felt. They were breaking up a kit and offering the body...
  4. cmcmillan

Fun with the Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH

Wow. Seeing all of this has me re-thinking some of my other camera upgrades (GX7 or GH4, or both? and some Nikon DSLR upgrades due to age/shutter count) and some of my other Panasonic Lens choices I was considering this year. The only lenses I knew that I wanted/needed was the 15mm 1.7 and...
  5. cmcmillan

Two new lenses coming in 2015

Yes, I figure that the 7-14mm 2.8 will probably be at least $1,299 or so. I think the 7-14mm Panasonic was $999 ish when it launched. There have been a few times using older Micro 4/3 cameras that I wished for an extra stop of light when using the Panasonic 7-14mm indoors or at night. I...
  6. cmcmillan

GH4K

I had just seen this morning on 43rumors. I'm more excited about this as an actual 4K video camera than as a stills camera. I may pickup a (hopefully discounted GH3) as my Micro 4/3 stills camera. It will be incredible since this camera can do 4K 96fps, if it can do 1080p at 120fps or...
  7. cmcmillan

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Or as some people seem to have, an OCD condition to make them never satisfied with any camera, from any manufacturer. To keep jumping systems every few months, always chasing that greener grass. :P Thankfully, I've been able to not do that myself. Chris
  8. cmcmillan

I'm still on the fence, in regards to the MP count. I've had very large prints from 10/12MP Nikon DX/FX bodies that I've been very happy with. As long as you scale properly for the output size and do some test swatches before final printing, it usually works out well. I've also done a lot of...
  9. cmcmillan

This is pretty exciting. Also neat that most of the rumored specs were dead on. I was debating a few upgrades for my personal shooting of my Panasonic Micro 4/3 gear this year. I was debating a GH3 or a GX7. And even a GM1 kit as an every day carry camera. I still use my Nikon gear for...
  10. cmcmillan

Shot with Nikon 45mm 2.8 Ai-S P lens ??

I didn't notice that. Now, I'm not sure if I want to do that or not. :D Maybe I'll just shoot the 45mm on its own, wide open and stopped down a bit. That should be enough to give an idea of it's character. Maybe if my dogs are asleep, they would be suitable indoor subjects. My cats...
  11. cmcmillan

Shot with Nikon 45mm 2.8 Ai-S P lens ??

I have one of these lenses. I haven't used it as much on digital because of the manual focus. I liked shooting it on film a lot because of the out of focus rendition due to the Tessar optical design. I did test it a bit with Digital on my D200/D300 quite a while ago. I loved it as a walk...
  12. cmcmillan

Nikon 1 V2

I picked up a V1 and the 10-30mm lens in the fall from KEH. It was under $200 US for a refurbished model. Currently the 18.5mm 1.8 and the 10mm 2.8 are a bit under $200 US each for refurbished. I think around $170 or so when I check around Christmas. I picked it up to play with the low...
  13. cmcmillan

Digital Nikon FM2

At first, I was really excited about the camera. Seeing the leaked picture of the body, seeing the controls. But realization crept in about it's size and weight, certainly compared to my FE bodies. I was hoping that the price would come in lower. If it had been $2,000-$2,500, I would have...
  14. cmcmillan

x-Pro1 wide angle for shift adapter

I have used some of my older wide angle Nikons on Micro 4/3 bodies with a shift adapter. I can offer some other lens choices based on my experiences that may also apply to you despite being on the Fuji X System. I've tried the Nikon 24 & 20mm lenses. As you have found, they're good, but too...
  15. cmcmillan

small cameras with a monitor output

It was probably a Sony Nex camera using one of the 5 inch Sony hdmi monitors. Or even a compact with hdmi output. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755854-REG/Sony_CLM_V55_CLM_V55_Portable_Monitor.html As far as I know, there isn't any way to get your live view output on your iPad. If...