The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by conurus

1. conurus

Metabones adapters are not very good.

Guy, I wasn't sure if your Metabones adapter was the old style with 4 small screws. Last year Metabones switched to 5 or 6 big screws for better rigidity for exactly the reason you stated. Now, as for why any screws are employed at all, instead of machining the whole thing in one piece, note...
  2. conurus

metabones conurus EF to NEX smart adapter

When a genuine E-mount lens is attached, it would also open up and/or stop down the aperture slowly and in small increments under the same situation. The problem is, whereas the aperture diaphragm of a genuine E-mount is very quiet, an EF mount lens' aperture diaphragm, depending on the...
  3. conurus

Fotodiox or Metabones Adapter for Canon EF on Nex-7

In a nutshell, the Andrew Reid's report on EOSHD that you cited was outdated before it was written. The ghosting issue he described affected only the initial batch of the product, and had already been addressed at the end of January. There were initial quality problems with the Metabones Smart...
  4. conurus

kipon eos->nex aperture adapter vignettes

We are working on an electronic adapter so that you just dial in the aperture on the NEX body, and the EOS lens stops down at the time of exposure (or during movie capture). The Canon lens gets its power from the Sony NEX camera body. Our adapter translates between the two communication...
  5. conurus

contax 645 adapter to fit mamiya 645?

The original question of whether it was possible to adapt a Contax 645 lens to Mamiya 645 mount. The Contax 645 mount is entirely electronic but the Mamiya 645 AF mount is half electronic and half mechanical. The aperture diaphragm of Mamiya 645 AF is controlled electronically but there is a...
  6. conurus

contax n 24-85 ( conrus converted) for sale

I wonder... Is NYC really this dangerous? I was there meeting customers in 2008 with all these camera gear but maybe ignorance is bliss...
  7. conurus

Whats the new MF camera?

Yes, you can do exactly that. The Hartblei Cam has a Canon EF mount and we conurus can convert the Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter to have a Canon EF mount. Even though there exist no formal relationships between the two companies Stefan and myself are acquaintances who both want to make sure this...
  8. conurus

CZ Contax versus CZ Sony

Also, the N85 does not change length during focusing. I think all other versions extend as they focus closer. That may partly account for the N85's more complex optical formula.
  9. conurus

Mamiya 645 glass with the a900 (a query)

The aperture ring of a Contax N or a Contax 645 lens is "fly by wire". It works, on the original N1 body, as follows. The camera body asks the aperture ring for its position, and then sends a separate command to the aperture diaphragm to stop it down (when DoF preview is pressed, or when an...
  10. conurus

Mamiya 645 glass with the a900 (a query)

Mamiya autofocus lenses have electronically controlled aperture diaphragms, whereas the Sony Alpha mount uses a mechanical lever to control the aperture diaphragm. I think there are fundamental differences in the mount which makes using Mamiya AF lenses impossible on a Sony. Of course, for...
  11. conurus

Canon EF lenses on G1?

The thickness of the EF mount bayonets is 5.5mm, putting the end of an EF lens at 38.5mm from the sensor plane. The EF mount is of a larger diameter than 4/3 so the bayonet cannot fit inside 4/3's mount throat. That rules out any possibility of an adapter for EF lens to 4/3 camera.
  12. conurus

Sigma SD14

The Sigma SA mount, being physically similar to Pentax K, has a significantly smaller diameter compared to Canon EF. If Leica R to Pentax K adaptation is possible, so would be Leica R to Sigma SA.
  13. conurus

Sigma SD14

What about the mount diameter? There are situations where the lens has a large mount diameter and the camera a small mount diameter, so that even if the lens registration distance is longer than the camera's, an adapter would still not be possible.