The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Dave Gallagher

1. Dave Gallagher

EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

Capture Integration and I are thrilled to be working closely with getDPI now and in the future to help support this forum. I look forward to a long relationship where our partnership enhances the user experience and creates a wonderful environment for sharing images, ideas, and knowledge. I...
  2. Dave Gallagher

Phase One Value Add Warranty and used backs question

Good afternoon everyone, I have not posted anything in this forum for years, my life with 3 teenagers and 3 business has just gotten too busy. I apologize for my absence, however, a customer brought this up to me today and it has always bothered me how this topic has been improperly portrayed...
  3. Dave Gallagher

MF direction

Good morning everyone, I would have responded earlier but my wife and I are on a much needed vacation celebrating our 10th anniversary this weekend. She tries to get me away once a year from the stress of owning a business, but alas, it keeps pulling you back in regardless of how you try to...
  4. Dave Gallagher

IQ3100 tech cam test by Capture Integration

First let me say hello to everyone here. At one time in life I was a very active member when I had more free time. With a growing business, you are forced to do less of what you love and more management, accounting, expansion strategies, etc. Add to this, 3 teenagers and a wife who says she...
  5. Dave Gallagher

Vote on our next workshop...

Hello everyone, Over the years our relationship with GetDPI has been strong and we are very thankful for the support that we have received here on this forum. We have had many successful workshops in conjunction with GetDPI, thus our latest article on our blog has discussed these workshops and...
  6. Dave Gallagher

IQ250 on ALPA FPS. Rodie 32, Canon 17 TSE, Canon 8-15

Thanks Gerald, Just a note to all members. We are very proud to have become one of only 4 Alpa dealers in the United States. And we currently have the Alpa FPS in demo and rental stock. If anyone out there would like to take a look at this system personally then please give us a call for...
  7. Dave Gallagher

Phase One IQ250 Low Light ISO & Long Exposure

Paul, We also found that the defaults for Capture One 7.2 Beta were much too aggressive. In fact we backed them out more than 50% from the default. My guess is that they were still set for the dalsa sensors and not reworked yet for this new Sony Sensor. Importantly, we have included the...
  8. Dave Gallagher

No love for the IQ280 ?

This is a simple business decision. Its all about margin and cash flow. Many businesses in this day and age can not afford an inventory base. And many who can afford it, choose not to. In business, you need to know your product and margin succinctly. You need to understand how long that...
  9. Dave Gallagher

Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know

The USD price of the Achromatic is $44,990. Çrossgrades of an IQ160>IQ260 or even IQ180>IQ260 can be worked out with your individual dealers. We all have an ability to make these happen but only a few will offer it. Dave Gallagher (e-mail Me) __________________ President, Capture...
  10. Dave Gallagher

Graham, Phase does have the ability to disable LENR. We had a large NASA contract with a possiblity of 50 DB's on each Hasse 500 that they had on the launch pad back in 2005. They sent us a firmware patch that disabled "forced dark noise calibration". A shuttle launch isn't something that...
  11. Dave Gallagher

Peter, The IQ1's have not been discontinued and will not be in any near future. They have dropped in price however to as follows: IQ180 = $37,990 IQ160 = $30,990 IQ140 = $19,990 And this also means a drop in Credo: Credo 80 = $33,995 Credo 60 = $27,495 Credo 40 = $15,495 Dave Gallagher...
  12. Dave Gallagher

So just to add a little more info: The IQ160 and IQ260 Achromatic are the same sensor. Hence, the lack of long exposures capabilities with the new Achro. The IQ180 and the IQ280 are also the same exact sensor. The only new sensor is the IQ260. Official cross-grade price for IQ180 to IQ280...
  13. Dave Gallagher

I have been inundated this morning with upgrade pricing requests so here are a quick few: IQ180>IQ2180 = Available through your dealer P65+>IQ2 280 = $17,500 P45+>IQ2 280 = $26,800 P65+>IQ2 260 = Our price is set but are not allowed to publish it P45+>IQ2 260 = $22,500 Other significant...
  14. Dave Gallagher

Guys, I just landed at 5:45AM from Dubai and was in the office an hour and a half later so, needless to say, I am a little fuzzy. Here is a little of the inside info from our meetings there in Dubai that you can't get from the specs. Yes, they would have loved to have have have an 80mp sensor...
  15. Dave Gallagher

A New Phase (One Dealer)

To all of our great customers on GetDPI, Our strong relationship/friendship with Jack and Guy is something that we respect dearly. Everyday, we are thankful for all of the incredible customers who continue to support our efforts in this unique marketplace. Over the years, we at CI have...