The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by dave92029

1. D

Fun with A6000

I borrowed an A6000 and took it with my 70-200mm f4 to Safari Park to see how well the AF works on BIF. Actually, I shot ducks taking off from a pond. The A6000 sure is fast! Here is a short sequence of three shots: It rained about 15 mins. after I took these shots, so it was dark and...
  2. D

Exposure compensation with CPL

When using a circular polarizer on an A7 camera do you adjust the exposure compensation because of the light loss? How much of an adjustment do you use? Thanks
  3. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) First time using the Sony 70-200mm f4, very pleased with the results. All handheld.
  4. D

IBIS vs OSS

??? what factual statements would you like a source??? Is there really any question that OSS adds cost and weight to a lens? :confused: Since the OSS functions are redundant to the funtions of IBIS, is there any logical reason to continue the redundancy in the future?
  5. D

IBIS vs OSS

I agree, IBIS is a superior system for image stabilization. So, is Sony building lens with OSS only for the original A7, A7r and A7s bodies? Will they phase out including OSS as more IBIS bodies are introduced? If you have a body with IBIS, and I expect that it will become standard on all...
  6. D

IBIS vs OSS

Please assist me to better understand what and where Sony is going With image stabilization. I own both an A7 and an Olympus E-M5. The Olympus has the 5 axis IBIS which is terrific because None of the Olympus M43 lens have Any image stabilization built in. I also have the Sony FE 55mm (not...
  7. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) A7 70-200mm
  8. D

Street (images)

Aquarium of the Pacific - Long Beach, CA Not exactly on the street, but it was a candid shot, with the mothers permission. Inside the dark aquarium. A7 55mm
  9. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Aquarium of the Pacific - Long Beach, CA A7 55mm
  10. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

A7 on San Diego Shelter Island
  11. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Fun with the Sony A7 Bates Nut farm on a brisk, 65 degree, fall morning.
  12. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Photographing the photographer at the car show A7, iso 100, F6.3, 70mm - w/28-70mm
  13. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ A Isotta Fraschini - restored 1930's inline 8 roadster at a recent Encinitas Car night. I was trying to shoot the emblem on the dash. A7 + 55mm f11
  14. D

Anyone have the FE 70-200/F4 yet?

I'm sure that my questions are premature, but here's what I am wondering about the 70-200mm f4. When do you expect that Sony will produce a 1.4X or 2.0X extender (like Canon) for their lens? When should we expect Sony to begin discounting these lens? July 4th or Thanksgiving?
  15. D

Whats wrong with the A7/R?

The shutter is too LOUD!