The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by DB5

1. D

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

I LOVE this camera but frustratingly, as always with Hasselblad, they always manage to mess things up. Without an eye level EVF it's the most frustratingly pointless camera to me. That is not to take away from the people who have it and enjoy it for what it is. But IMO a total wasted opportunity.
  2. D

Hasselblad 907x SE Control Grip and Optical Viewfinder Announced

Eh? Ha. You're assuming a whole lot there. I'm sadly old enough too and I still do it. Much larger screen on a 5x4 though, isn't it? And it's a whole different process, for a start being tripod bound. On a handheld camera, looking at a screen, just no. No thanks. I have shot with WLF's all my...
  3. D

I agree, I don't think this will happen. The only thing that would make sense to me would be electrical contacts where the OVF is fitted. This is a real shame to me and in my opinion, a missed opportunity. Although i understand others are very happy with it. An eye level EVF would make it a...
  4. D

I would be very interested in the 907x if it had an external EVF, something like the OVF here. Where the cold shoe fits at the top of the body, are there any kind of electrical contacts that we may see an EVF in future?
  5. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I would buy this (or the X1D) but not being able to use Capture One is unfortunately a deal breaker. The Fuji's aren't as interesting to me but I will likely go that route instead. Photography is fun of annoying gotchas.
  6. D

Deleted

Hey Joe, Thanks for the impressions, sounds pretty good. How is the EVF black out between shots? Thanks,
  7. D

A modern SWC

Wonderful, Dan. I have a feeling this was actually the initial specific design purpose for the X1D. It's such a liberating thing when you have such high quality in such a small package.
  8. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

The main disadvantage I see with the new CFV-II back is, still, the inability to rotate the back. It would be nice if they could release an update 90 angle finder for the V series that has high magnification and is very bright. I find at high resolution in particular, the Waist Level finder is...
  9. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I agree it looks very slick looking. This is what the H should have been, IMO, (tech wasn't possible though of course) and I think this will sell exceptionally well. The V System is just one of those iconic heritage designs, extremely successful and simple—one of the best of all time. Some of...
  10. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I have a feeling we will see a port under that panel for an EVF eventually. That would make it more viable for me. I still don't know how I feel about this. The pros of the V System for me are the lenses but they don't work so well on digital. I understand that the 907 will use the X lenses...
  11. D

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Will the new cameras be as buggy as their website? When I just looked at their site all their videos played at once and I couldn't make sense of the one I was trying to watch. Had to shut the site down. The CFV is the most interesting but I have moved on from V, the lenses on digital are...
  12. D

A "medium format Noctilux" 100 mm f/2 lens that covers the 53x40 mm IQ4 sensor

Re: A "medium format Noctilux" 100 mm f/2 lens that covers the 53x40 mm IQ4 sensor I have wanted a noctilux like lens for medium format digital for years. Alas, very frustratingly so, it never came. I'm not so keen on any of the solutions and the projection lenses aren't very practical, IMO...
  13. D

A "medium format Noctilux" 100 mm f/2 lens that covers the 53x40 mm IQ4 sensor

Re: A "medium format Noctilux" 100 mm f/2 lens that covers the 53x40 mm IQ4 sensor Indeed a legendary lens and lovely on film. I found it doesn't work as well with digital though, sadly.
  14. D

So Leica makes cameras for pros... Really?????

Really, it's truly wonderful how you've had nothing but positive experiences. However, other people have had very different experiences that no amount of your abhorring and ranting in the world will ever invalidate or change. If you really do abhor it so much I suggest you just don't read it.
  15. D

So Leica makes cameras for pros... Really?????

It's hardly Vitriol. Why would you expect everyone else have the experience you have had? I don't know one person with an M9 (many) who weren't affected by sensor corrosion. I had my sensor replaced 3 times in the end. It also had two separate issues of main board needing replacing and usb...