The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by dmabry2010

1. D

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Photos shared here are fantastic. Here is one I would like to share, and one that represents the true reason we get five-figure camera systems -- to photograph our pets. Here is Sarah, my best subject; because, unlike most cats that show respect by looking away, Sarah does not show respect and...
  2. D

50+ years - has anything changed

You guys are really good! The order was indeed 80/APO/1959. Good point about web views. Thank you, - dmabry2010
  3. D

50+ years - has anything changed

Hello, On a whim I took 3 shots with three different lenses: 1. 80mm Summilux-R 2. 90mm Summicron-M (recent APO) 3 90mm Summicron-M (old vintage 1959 silver version) While this is by no means scientific, I find it interesting how these three lenses do not show significant differences...
  4. D

FS Leica 28mm–90mm f/2.8–4.5 ASPH Vario-Elmarit-R

[SOLD] Re: FS Leica 28mm–90mm f/2.8–4.5 ASPH Vario-Elmarit-R This lens has been sold to a GetDPI Forum Member. Thank you -- dmabry2010
  5. D

Hi there! I wanted to update the forum on this lens. The lens went to Germany for assessment. I just received the assessment. The only recommendation was to adjust focusing ring and to adjust the zoom mechanism. It's a $425 service, which I authorized today with a 4 to 5 week turn...
  6. D

Lens option for Leica M3

Greetings!! Many here have been helpful with questions in the past. So, I wanted to reach out with another one. My wife is participating in a posing competition. I plan to photograph it. Now, I have an M240 with a bunch of ASPH focal lengths; which will be my main camera. However, I...
  7. D

which 24 or 28 mm lens ...

I really like the 28mm Summicron. Sharp and excellent contrast and color. -- dmabry2010
  8. D

Godfrey Stupid spell correct
  9. D

Yep - Gordfry is correct !!
  10. D

Photo 3 The lens has just a couple bright spots on the focusing barrel, with one shown here.
  11. D

I will post photos once I figure out how from my iPad :)
  12. D

Greetings!! I ended up with a second copy of this lens when I acquired an R9/DMR kit. So, I am in the process of selling this one. I shipped this lens to NJ for inspection, calibration and to perform any recommended work. The lens comes with caps and case. I do not have the box. My...
  13. D

Recommended lenses for close up jewelry photography

Thank you Michael