The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by DonParrot

1. D

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

RACING LESSONS No 1 - Outbreaking If you want to overtake an opponent, pass him while approaching a corner by braking later than him, put your car right in front of his vehicle - and hit the brakres. Hard! But keep an eye on the mirrors as he might brake too late and hit you from behind...
  2. D

Just in time for the London Olympics...

Hi John, thanks for sharing! Those are lovely, too. Seems we could create a full range of new disciplines. :ROTFL:
  3. D

Just in time for the London Olympics...

...our Chow Chows created a new sport: Smillie & Starsky 1 von don_parrot auf Flickr Synchronised Lying. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Unfortunately, they are not to keen on being shot, during their activites. Yaaaawn von don_parrot auf Flickr Shot with the E-M5 and the Panyleica Summilux 25 1.4...
  4. D

Possessed by Al Bundy

I don't know if I already mentioned that our Chow girl, Miss Smilla, is a medium. What can be a disadavantage, at times, as it may happen that you get possessed by the wrong persons. Yesterday, for instance, the poor girl had to temporarily share her body with Al Bundy - and that's what...
  5. D

Nice motor-racing shots. Thanks for sharing.
  6. D

Hi Peter, two nice series. And as I said: What is a classic-car event witout a Cobra? *grins*
  7. D

Thanks for making me smile, Klaus!
  8. D

Hi Riley - great shot with loads of atmosphere! :thumbs:
  9. D

Thanks for the link, Paul. So it isn't a full convertible. Couldn't see that on your picture. Yep, I can see what you mean with the tone mapping.
  10. D

Yes Paul, you didn't promise too much. This really is one great car - and great shots, by the way. But why did they call it Landau? I always thougt that a Landaulet is a semi convertible with the front or back seats positioned under a fixed roof.
  11. D

Thanks a lot, Les, great that you like the pics. And when it comes to getting down that low... I've got a slipped disc resulting in serious back problems and so, I know exactly what you are taliking about. And that's exactly why I opted for the E-PL3 as addition to my FT gear. It's the only...
  12. D

Okay - I'll do my best to not forget.
  13. D

Looking forward to that. It's always great to have the chance of taking a look at cars that were built just once. Do you know the Astra Gnome Time and Space car? :D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: And my favourite Buick always has been the '49 Roadmaster. What a gorgeous body!
  14. D

Hi klaus, it was in Hildesheim, 30 kliometres south to Hannover and just a 90-minute trip from Hamburg - if the Autobahn is free, that is. Ja schade, das wäre was gewesen. hätte ich ja gern mal ausprobiert. Die Veranstaltung heißt Technorama und hat bereits zum sechsten Mal stattgefunden. Ist...
  15. D

Thanks, Paul. We are talking about the second one, aren't we? The big wings of the blue one are late 1950s, aren't they?