The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by DReilly

1. D

Has time and technology caught up with m43rds?

I think m43 is here to stay for a while. The Nex system, Panasonic's offerings, they all lag far behind in quality lenses at a reasonable price. I actually think it's APS-C that may have run its course, at least in SLRs. m43 has the mini advantage and lenses that match...many APS-C SLRs and most...
  2. D

FS: Zeiss 25mm f2.8 ZM Biogon

I'll leave this up through the weekend..then off to the big auction house in the cloud. This lens is in mint condition. No wobble.
  3. D

Bump! GLWS, me.
  4. D

For Sale: Zeiss ZM 25mm f2.8 Biogon Original owner, lens is in excellent condition with both caps, original box. No optical or mechanical flaws that I can see. No wobble. Extremely sharp lens and the last of my Leica M that I'm selling. Sad to see this one go, it was my favorite lens on the...
  5. D

Rittreck Norita 66 chrome with MLU, 80mm f2 lens

Moved to the auction site. No longer for sale here. Thanks
  6. D

I totally forgot to add that included is a set of three Tiffen USA-made ND filters (62mm) that fit the Rittron lens in a carrying case. You'll need these lenses to take advantage of f2 on brighter days, since the max shutter speed is 1/500.
  7. D

Shutter looks good and was serviced before the sale by Ross. I can get a photo of it tomorrow. The spots on the lens is just dust...you can see it also on the black lens trim surround also. The lens is in very nice optical shape, just the usual dust you would expect for a camera over 50 years...
  8. D

FS: M3 and A&A case

Sold!
  9. D

For sale is a Rittreck 6x6 120 medium format SLR in excellent cosmetic and functional condition. Includes the amazing Rittron 80mm f2 lens, one of the fastest medium format lenses in the world. It's the same lens as the later Noritar 80mm f2. Chrome Rittrecks are pretty rare. The Rittreck is...
  10. D

If I had to have one 35mm while castaway on a tropical island, it would be an M3. And some film. And a darkroom. And some chemicals. And...Oh well, the M3 is a start.
  11. D

FS: Canon 7 Rangefinder

Um, I already said it: "The shutter curtain has the usual wrinkles, but it works fine." To expand: Canon rangefinders use metal shutter curtains that are a) impervious to burning and b) prone to wrinkling. The wrinkles in evidence here are pretty much average from my experience with Canon rfs...
  12. D

I consider the M3 to be the perfect distillation of photography, minimalism at its best. Focus. Shutter speed. Aperture. That's it! (bump)
  13. D

FS: Canon 7 Rangefinder

You did know that the 7 is the only camera designed to mount the Canon 50mm f.95 "dream" lens on it? See that external bayonet mount? Yep, that's where it goes. (Educational bump!)