The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by edwardkaraa

1. edwardkaraa

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

From today. The 85 sonnar at f/4: SL 601 + ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr
  2. edwardkaraa

Leica SL - Focusing wide M lenses

I have 2 approaches. The first one is global with focus peaking. Most Leica wides have field curvature and the thicker cover glass of the SL makes things slightly worse. Even my very flat field ZM wides suffer from curvature on the SL. So focusing on one point will be normally disappointing. I...
  3. edwardkaraa

Much appreciated, jlm! :)
  4. edwardkaraa

ZM 85/2 wide open SL 601 + ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr
  5. edwardkaraa

Thank you for the kind words, ceh :)
  6. edwardkaraa

Some shots from last month: SL 601 + ZM 35/1.4 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 35/1.4 by edward karaa, on Flickr
  7. edwardkaraa

ZM 25/2.8 shows some field curvature that wasn't there on the M SL 601 + ZM 25/2.8 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 25/2.8 by edward karaa, on Flickr And testing long range focus on the ZM 85/2. All good! SL 601 + ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on...
  8. edwardkaraa

Leica SL EVF

I would like the exposure preview to be permanent once selected in the menu.
  9. edwardkaraa

A few recent shots with the SL and ZM lenses: SL 601 + ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 85/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr SL 601 + ZM 50/2 by edward karaa, on Flickr
  10. edwardkaraa

Leica SL vs S IQ

I'm also very curious. I don't have an S but I have seen the used prices of the 006 are going down, so have been considering to start with a simple 006/70 kit. However, the SL with the 50/1.4 lux should be a killer combination. :confused:
  11. edwardkaraa

Where to buy new Leica M?

I don't think it would be realistic to hope to get one before at least 3-4 months if you're very lucky.
  12. edwardkaraa

Fun w/Digital M Images

M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 50 Planar by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr
  13. edwardkaraa

Fun w/Digital M Images

M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr M9 + Zeiss 35 Biogon by edward karaa, on Flickr
  14. edwardkaraa

New Mini M?

While we are still arguing about this camera, it is already selling to clients worldwide. As Peter said, you may like it or not, we all have different needs, and while it is not for me personally, it definitely is the camera for many people as Leica seems to be quite happy with the sales so far.
  15. edwardkaraa

FS: Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 85mm f/4 ZM lens with Hood

Price reduced to 780$.