The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ekoe

1. E

Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

I can do that for you, Jeffrey... but there's only about 5 or 6 inches of focus available before you approach the shoulder of the helical. If you need anything more than that, it's best to loosen the lens on the c-mount thread or use a spacing ring, as suggested above.
  2. E

A new tiny fast lens with swirly bokeh!

Yes, please. As you have probably realized by now I love those 1" Fujinon-TVs.
  3. E

A new tiny fast lens with swirly bokeh!

The smaller Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 (HF25HA) is about 30mmx30mm, is designed for 2/3" video and vignettes heavily. The Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 for 1" video (CF25B) is about 45mmx45mm and vignettes very slightly on m4/3 in 4:3 (without modification). In my opinion, the Fujinon-TV CF25B is ideally...
  4. E

Stars with a G3 and a 12/2.0

Nice. I can see Orion despite the clouds. I like the glow of the town through the trees.
  5. E

G3 + cctv 50mm / 1.4

I love that lens. I service and modify the Fujinon-TV lenses, and I can fix your stiff focus on your 35mm/1.7 and modify it so you can focus to infinity. I never like to see a lens glued to an adapter, and even after you glue it the focus will still be stiff. The best solution is to clean...
  6. E

Wide angle legacy lenses

Testing my Fujinon12.5mod against a pristine Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 on a Minolta FlashMeter IV, it rates at f/1.38. Slightly faster than f/1.4, but not fast enough to be called anything but f/1.4. I can see how it would make sense that we'd lose speed if all I did was move the focus group...
  7. E

Wide angle legacy lenses

Legacy lens modifications are not for everyone, particularly if one prefers autofocus, low distortion, compactness and tack sharp corners of the Olympus 12mm/f2. But on the other hand, some of us (particularly those of us shooting video or from motion picture backgrounds) prefer an aperture...
  8. E

Wide angle legacy lenses

Here is a demonstration of the m4/3 4:3 coverage I've achieved with the Fujinon-TV 12.5/1.4mod: The GetDPI Photography Forums - ekoe's Album: Fujinon 12.5mm/f1.4 modification - Picture
  9. E

Wide angle legacy lenses

Hello Vivek. This Fujinon-TV 12.5mm modification of mine originated and evolved from your experiments with that lens here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/12689-year-end-topic-1-a.html#post234790 However, it's not entirely true that the Fujinon-TV 12.5mm/f1.4 will not...
  10. E

Wide angle legacy lenses

You're right, the selection is very limited. The Kinoptik Tegea 9.8mm/f1.8 for instance is large and prohibitively expensive. My Fujinon-TV 12.5mm/f1.4 modification is an affordable solution, with near full coverage of the m4/3 sensor with just a touch of vignetting in 4:3. Depending on...
  11. E

Unusual camera used on TV show

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_E-330.htm
  12. E

Adapting Kodak 25mm 1.9 Anastigmat M-mount lenses

You would need an M-mount to C-mount adapter, if there is such a thing. I've never seen a Kodak M-mount to C-mount adapter. Alternatively, you could fashion an M-mount to m4/3 adapter. Try inquiring with SRB Griturn, they make one-offs as well...
  13. E

Any 'fake' zooms from Panasonic for 4/3?

Here's an interesting article on the subject: http://poetzerofilm.com/2011/05/demystifying-tech-parfocal-and-varifocal/ Notice the author states in the last paragraph "poor maintenance, misalignment, and incorrect backfocus (among other problems) can cause a similar effect with parfocal...
  14. E

The zoom-in/focus/zoom-out method is referred to as pulling 'critical focus' or 'critical focus method'.
  15. E

A parfocal zoom lens must be in precise collimation otherwise it will not hold focus through the zoom.