The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Eoin

1. Eoin

Zeiss Batis 85 or Milvus 85

Well ... for nearly twice the price, it'd want to do something far better. But that slide is a little misleading, as Sony had zero input into the Batis or Milvus I would think. That just leaves the Sony QC in the equation and if they are pitching these as their "ultimate resolution" & "lens for...
  2. Eoin

Zeiss Batis 85 or Milvus 85

Both of them to my eye, have the modern Zeiss (nervous) bokeh. I'm not a fan of either lens's rendering. As Vivek says, the new kid on the block 85GM will hopefully add a new choice in this focal length.
  3. Eoin

Would you buy a GM lens?

I wouldn't hold my breath for the 3rd March ... they have moved delivery out to the 31st March in the USA. :p
  4. Eoin

Would you buy a GM lens?

Do please tell us where and what you paid for it. When I look on line I see US Pricing $1798 Vs Euro pricing €2000-€2149 Compare that to Batis US$1199 vs €1200
  5. Eoin

A 6300

If you found the small differences between A7RII & A7II mildly frustrating, I can't begin to imagine what the difference between the A6300 and A7RII would do to you :grin:
  6. Eoin

G Master lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.4 & 70-200mm f/2.8

Absolutely zero interest in large, heavy and extremely expensive 2.8 zooms. I don't care how good they are. For too long I carried the heft of Canon and Sony Alpha A mount Cameras and lenses. My photography hasn't changed, I've just decided small and light is the way I want to go. Portraiture...
  7. Eoin

WTB: Aperture 3.x CD

If you downloaded the last update on your previous mac it should be available for you in your App Store purchases?.
  8. Eoin

Lightweight and/or compact 135mm for A7R

You could also try the old EBC Fujinon T 135 in either 2.5 or 3.5. I have the fuji mount version with an adaptor for the A7 but they were also available in m42 mount. Plenty of threads on the net about them, fantastic value @ sub $100. I just prefer the 100mm focal length and the C/Y Planar 100...
  9. Eoin

Rx1r2

Wow!, I am so surprised at the difference between the 2 camera/lens combinations. Yes I accept lenses generally improve stopped down a touch, but for a fixed lens with all the hype the Zeiss Sonnar has received in the past, I would be seriously considering returning this camera and trying...
  10. Eoin

"Edition 0,95"

I am so glad I got to use and appreciate some leica equipment before it became very expensive. I am equally glad (relieved) that my eyesight precludes the use of such equipment now!. €12,500 seems to be the new Leica asking price, this 0.95 special edition or a new SL and zoom for the same...
  11. Eoin

zEIss: 5 more FF-E coming ...

+1 on this .... I find myself hovering over the buy button but pausing because it's not really the focal length I want (Batis 25 & 85). I don't really want to go manual focus with the Loxia as I can get those ranges in C/Y Zeiss for less money. Just give me a nice 21, maybe a nice 35 too &...
  12. Eoin

Ideal camera bag for the A7RII kit

Jim, I have a Hadley Pro & a Leather Ona Union Street. While the Hadley Pro is slightly larger than the small you mention, I think it is the more versatile of the Hadley range. That top handle is so handy!!. I can get equal amounts of camera equipment into both the Ona & Hadley, the Ona has...
  13. Eoin

Leica SL (601) ..Oct 20th?

Is it just me or has the whole photographic world become accustomed to expensive (almost disposable in 5 years) camera bodies?. I've always known Leica as expensive (pre M8), then outrageously expensive as digital M progressed. But to my mind this SL and the Zoom for $12.5K is off the scale...
  14. Eoin

Handholding A7R II vs. A7 II

Hence our use of the word "may" :),
  15. Eoin

Handholding A7R II vs. A7 II

Naturally both sensors will capture movement, it may be more apparent on the higher resolution sensor. While both are capable of stunning image quality, the real quandary is ... how large do you need to print or crop in the final output?. Will the 24mp allow you enough head room for what you...