The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by erudolph

1. E

DxO Pure Raw 2 now supports SL2 and M11

I can confirm that as of March 25, 2022 DXO Pure Raw 2 does not support 60mp M11 files.
  2. E

Is there much of a Difference using Leica L mount vs Sigma L mount lense

You can rent both Leica and Sigma L-mount lenses for a few days from lensrentals.com and do a side by side comparison. Personally, I have a Sigma 14-24 L-mount and also the newer 150-600mm DG DN OS Sport. Both are good. Also, if you buy one and decide you don't like it, you can likely resell...
  3. E

Unhealthy Forums

I'm not so sure about the "as many examples as one would like" part. For example, I was following a thread in which someone made half a dozen posts in a row, all with the exact same gear, and each photo looked quite a bit like the others, same subject matter, parameters, etcetera. To me, it...
  4. E

Unhealthy Forums

Welcome to getdpi Wilson! I have enjoyed your posts at the LUF for a number of years now...
  5. E

Unhealthy Forums

FWIW, I find there a number of people on LUF so knowledgeable that I would truly miss seeing their contributions to the discourse. As for the different types of sniping, frustration, peevishness and occasional nastiness, I ignore it.
  6. E

The real elephant in the room, the S1H

Just a note on video/cinema postproduction: Hardly more than ten years ago, a DaVinci room was one of the, if not the, standards for color correction in film-to-digital and digital-to-digital post production. It cost ~$500K to build such a room, or more, depending on how many "power windows"...
  7. E

Jono's review is up

Jono, do you have any experience and or thoughts on the teleconverters? I'm thinking of the 70-200 on a CL with possibly teleconverter. To replace the current Vario-Elmar-R 80-200/4 with APO 2x.
  8. E

Jono's review is up

Thank you, Jono!
  9. E

CL colour versus SL colour

Re: CL colour versus SL colour: a tangent Interesting that Bob is color correcting still images in Davinci Resolve. I always wished that photoshop would have the hue offset wheels that are used in color correction systems for motion pictures. Also the vectorscope and wave form displays.
  10. E

Lightroom issues

Rather than calling support, why not (or maybe you already have?) ask the question on the Adobe Lightroom Classic CC forum, which has various gurus as well as staff participating? https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/lightroom-classic-cc
  11. E

M10

How do you calibrate them?
  12. E

M10

One way to differentiate between critic and troll is: try to assess the amount of glee you find behind the criticism. This will help to establish the critic's place on the spectrum. Just a thought.
  13. E

M10

The turn this thread has taken reminds me of what I saw on 45 rpm record labels in Detroit in the '60s: It's what's in the grooves that count
  14. E

M10

:watch: (I have never before posted with just an icon, but this thread deserves this one; great spectator sport!)
  15. E

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

My wife says the middle photo is "some sort of Kalanchoe"