The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by etrigan63

1. etrigan63

Sony A7C - Full Frame Compact Camera

Browsing about on B&H has uncovered a Sigma 35mm f/2 DG DN C lens for Sony. This may prove to be exactly what I am looking for.
  2. etrigan63

I am debating over the FE35F28ZA vs the Sigma 45C. I have heard (and seen) good things about the Sigma and the price is very appealing.
  3. etrigan63

I will have to find a local camera shop and see if they will let me give an A7C a fondling and a couple of test shots so I can see how it feels. I used to own an X-Pro2 and the EVF was pretty dismal.
  4. etrigan63

I am debating getting one of these. The other contender is the Fuji X-Pro3 although I may wait for the X-Pro4.
  5. etrigan63

It won't draw me away from my Z7, but if Nikon were to do a version of the Z5/6 with this form factor... I know it won't be as small because the Z-mount is so large but maybe they can take a shot at the Fuji GFX 50R.
  6. etrigan63

I wonder if this will force Canon and Nikon's hand to produce a competitor. I know that Nikon just announced the Z5, but that is much larger due to the Z-mount.
  7. etrigan63

Well Sony has finally figured out what was missing in their line up: a compact full-frame camera. Thoughts? Opinions?
  8. etrigan63

Recommended Lightroom Presets

Can anyone recommend a good set of Lightroom presets? Preferably free. I know that you can "roll your own", but my daughter is looking for some she can use as a starting point to concoct the look she is after. I got off the Adobe money eater over a year ago and haven't kept up.
  9. etrigan63

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Quick little product shot with my X-Pro2: Ruger Single Seven Custom by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr
  10. etrigan63

Nikon mirrorless ?

As a part-time photography blogger, I occasionally get invited to lesser press events or have to just arrange things myself. That said, I have worked with others of my ilk (to whom this is their day job as opposed to myself) and most of them are more concerned about breaking the story first...
  11. etrigan63

Need Advice for 60x40 Metal Prints

Here is a resized (down) sample of the work I am doing. It has to be caught in a single exposure (no multi-shot). Would I be able to print that large from a Nikon Z7 in 14-bit mode? Just considering all of the options.
  12. etrigan63

Yeah, I'm doing abstracts and can't stitch or use multi-shot. I did some with the X1D (loaner from Hasselblad), but those were not printed large. I was concerned that I would have to get something really big budget to do this, but the GFX50R will likely fall on the right amount that won't give...
  13. etrigan63

Do you think I could pull it off with a GFX 50? The R model looks mighty appealing to me based on rumored specs.
  14. etrigan63

I have some fine art stuff that a gallery wants at 60x40 in Metal. I suspect my current cameras don't have enough pixels to pull that off. Realistically, how many megapixels do I need for clean, fine art prints at that size? I am not wealthy and am too bumbling to rob a bank.
  15. etrigan63

I just handled a Z7 at a shop in CT

I have not had the opportunity to handle (fondle?) a Z7, so I cannot comment. I am looking to do some large metal prints (60x40) and am deciding what camera to get to produce images large enough to print that size. I have tried the X1D and while very nice, is a bit sluggish to me. That might...