The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by evgeny

1. E

Elinchrom Quadra adapter

Hi, the Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Reflector Adaptor for EL Reflectors is expensive and its plastic parts can easily broke. Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Reflector Adaptor for EL EL 26339 B&H 1. Is there a better made and less expensive adapter to attach Elinchrom light modifiers to Quadra heads ? 2...
  2. E

tethered with firewire 800 and thundelbolt

Nick, can you advice, if my Kramer VS-30FW 3-Port FireWire 800 Repeater/HUB and thunderbolt adapter can solve this issue with newer Mac computers? Thanks Evgeny
  3. E

Hasselblad H5D - what should be in a starter kit

Thanks for replies. The Hasselblad Quick Release Coupler looks interesting. I not always shoot tethered. However I wish Phocus to support Android-based phones. I understand that this is not an easy task, because hardware from different manufacturers are not the same. Thanks Evgeny
  4. E

Hasselblad H5D - what should be in a starter kit

Is Hasselblad Quick Release Coupler has plastic parts that can compromise camera security, especially when the camera is at angle in Portrait position with a heavy lens? Is Quick Release Coupler has an Arca Swiss base or need to be coupled with an Arca Swiss plate? Also, can you recommend a...
  5. E

Portable strobes

I use Elinchrom Hybrid in outdoors. These are very compact, light and power strobes. 400W is a lot of light. Two generators provide a total 800W output in bright Sun. Each Hybrid 2-lights kit come with a spare battery, which is enough for a busy, long photo session. Two generators and 4 lights...
  6. E

FS: Sinar Adapter Plate for 54H Sinar digital back on Sinar M Camera

For sale is Sinar Adapter Plate for 54H Sinarback on Sinar M Camera, part number # 551.65.235. This adapter is in full working and excellent cosmetic condition. I include the following items in this kit: - Sinar Adapter Plate for 54H Sinarback on Sinar M Camera - Adapter cover. - Screwdriver...
  7. E

FS: Sinarback 54H digital back

Sold.
  8. E

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Hasselblad H4D-40 with 100mm lens
  9. E

cleaning dust in the view finder/or focusing screen?

I had a piece or two of dust inside the viewfinder, very close to the center. I just successfully cleaned the viewfinder :salute: If you will clean the viewfinder, be very very careful :lecture: When you remove the screws and open the viewfinder, a 3 small metal pins will fall out, and you...
  10. E

I hate you guys

You need an appropriate income to buy this stuff. :thumbs: If you don't, sell your Alpa to the bad people. :chug: :thumbdown: Be happy! :clap:
  11. E

FS: Sinarback 54H digital back

This back is on eBay with a low starting price Thanks Evgeny
  12. E

Attach Hensel Beauty Dishes to Elinchrom RQ Hybrid S Flash Head

I cannot find an easy solution to attach Hensel light modifiers to the Quadra. I looked at another options. I ordered a Profoto RFi Octa box 5' with Profoto adapter for small flashes, which should work with the Quadra head. I also ordered a matching Profoto RFi adapter for my Hensel strobes...
  13. E

hyperjuice2... extend macbook up to 45hrs in the field !

How long can one shoot in a field with a digital back tethered to a macbook pro powered by that battery? Thanks Evgeny
  14. E

A New MFD Strategy: Your Thoughts Appreciated.

You can start with a "partial" plan, and then, after the plan is completed, evaluate your situation once again. Evgeny