The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ftbt

1. F

Sony E to Nikon Autofocus adapter

DHL just dropped off the adapter. No duty. Nicely packaged. Instruction brochure + 1 year warranty. Appears to be well made. NOTE: instructions indicate to mount the lens first to the adapter and then mount the adapter to the camera. No time tonight to play with it. Have to wait until tomorrow...
  2. F

Question about 4K codec Sony A6300

I have a A7Rii and the first time I tried to record 4K, the camera refused to do so, claiming that my card wasn't up to 4K specs (even though it was). After some research, it seems that Sony cameras are very fussy about which cards it will record 4K to.
  3. F

6 of one ... 1/2 a dozen of the other. I know the first batch sold out quickly, then there were delays because of the Chinese New Year Holidays, and new firmware, and your copy is probably coming from Hong Kong, whereas my came from Shenzen. As long as it works with my 14-24 and 24-70, I will be...
  4. F

I am in California. I just checked with DHL this morning. The adapter is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday). Not bad from China ... it was sent out on Saturday! In case anyone is interested, here is where I bought it from...
  5. F

Just got notification that my adapter has shipped (via DHL) from China. Scheduled to be delivered in 4 days. I will report back how it works with my 14-24 and 24-70 on my A7Rii.
  6. F

Just ordered one today from Aliexpress, (from China), to use with my 14-24 and 24-70. Should be here in a couple of weeks. It appears that the first production run sold out quite quickly and this is a new production run, which, hopefully will also contain the new firmware. In case anyone needs...
  7. F

My Photo Exhibition in Italy

Some of you may have seen some of my shots in and around Lake Como in the "Destinations and Hot Spots" Forum. This year I have gone in sort of a different direction. I have been asked by the local officials in La Morra, Italy, to exhibit some of my work at the community cantina, (La Morra is an...
  8. F

Piemonte (Northern Italy) + RED Scarlet

We are here in Northern Italy shooting some "slow movement" events and the white truffle festival in Alba. We thought you might be interested in seeing a frame grab from our RED Scarlet of a sunrise taken from our base camp overlooking the hills of the Langhe in the direction of Barolo: RED...
  9. F

WTB: Leica R to Nikon DSLR body adapter

(Cheap): Fotodiox Pro ---> (Moderate): Cameraquest ---> (Expensive): Novoflex.
  10. F

Favorite canvas for inkjet?

I agree 100% with Mr. Gale and kdphotography. I am expecting a shipment of a roll on Monday. Lyve and my Canon 8300 produce some great prints!
  11. F

Lake Como

This is in Pereldo, up the hill from Varenna with spectacular views: http://www.villamichelabb.blogspot.com/ An old stand-by right in town is Albergo Milano: http://www.varenna.net/e/rates.htm If you have a car, you might want to try slightly north of Varenna in Bellano. Very nice. Here is...
  12. F

who buys prints these days?

It comes from the French word,“Gicler,” meaning to spray or squirt. Basically, any Fine Art Print made with a Fine Art Inkjet Printer using archival inks and high quality archival or museum paper or canvas can be described as a “Giclee.”
  13. F

who buys prints these days?

I guess it depends on how you define "prints." If you are talking about fine-art giclee prints on canvas, then, yes, there is a relatively decent demand / market for those type of prints. It seems that there is a smaller and rather limited market for prints on fine art or archival quality paper...
  14. F

Contax 35-70/3.4 vs Zeiss ZE 35/2

I also shoot with a Contax 35-70 3.4 Distagon with my 5DMkII and do a lot of landscape stuff. I have to admit that the 35-70 is one of my "go-to" lenses, (especially for the money ... I think I paid $250.00 for it!) My other go-to lens is a Contax 21/2.8 ... and I don't think I will ever part...
  15. F

Monitor calibration - Which one?

Color Munki Photo (will also profile your printer).