The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by gazwas

1. G

Profoto D1/B1 glass domes

Looking at this image of the D1 with the dome attached brings back memories and reminded me of of why I disliked my B1's and the reason why I ultimately sold all mine. I was never impressed with how the domes attached but found it a pain to keep putting the standard flat cover glass back in...
  2. G

Hasselblad X1D

The 30mm and 45mm lenses announced so far sound great but a dedicated X1D HTS with lower magnification along with a 120mm/150mm lens (perhaps macro) would make be buy this tomorrow.
  3. G

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Seems like a resounding response that "Game Changer" better be price if it really is a mirrorless camera for the prosumer. Hasselblad should take a leaf out of Sony's book and release a fantastic feature rich mirrorless MF camera at a price point that makes it a must have for any serious...
  4. G

Looks like and Alpa FPS but will hopefully be more advanced in the same way as a Sony A7..... Now that would be a camera I'd be interested in purchasing, especially if they released lens adapters for anything from Canon lenses upto modern Rodenstock's.
  5. G

I'll be so disappointed if its a digital x-pan or square format only camera as I imagine only a small select group of photographers would actually buy one and I'd hardly call that game changing. I hope its something that builds on HB's heritage and in the vein of the CFV backs that looks...
  6. G

iPad for MFD

I had a feeling you were going to say that. :( The Sony app is terrible, are there no apps that do a similar thing that allows some more control of the image. An iOS version of Capture One would be excellent (working without a laptop running) so is there something like that for the iPad Pro??
  7. G

iPad for MFD

Thanks for the explanation and sounds like just what I'm looking for. What software (app) allows file transfer from the Sony A7 (or any wifi enabled camera) camera to the iPad for instant preview?
  8. G

iPad for MFD

I light my interior shots so live view is not quite the final result so can an iPad Pro in any way be used like a laptop to rewiew images (not just live view) on its nice big screen?
  9. G

iPad for MFD

Which is great for working on images after the event but during (tethered) its a no show for all formats. I'd love an iPad Pro for my architectural photography rather than using a laptop on a tripod table or squinting at the tiny camera screen. :( Additionally how do you get your worked on...
  10. G

iPad for MFD

I was hoping when rumours of the iPad Pro started, Apple were finally realising professionals (as they named it) need to plug things into their tablets and have access to local storage. However, alas the iPad Pro was much the same as all the other (useless for photographers) iPads that are...
  11. G

Hasselblad Teaser

Now this new camera looks truly sensational and gets me interested in getting back into MFD in so many ways that the Phase XF/IQ hasn't! So, any ideas of the price of the 100MP version yet?
  12. G

Profoto Pro8a vs ProB4

The Pulso heads are zoomable so haven't really missed the Profoto at all and the zoom range on the B heads was very small anyway. The Profoto adapted sure is a work of genius but the bayonet on the bron just works and I've never had any issues with mounting or breaking Pyrex domes. The...
  13. G

Profoto Pro8a vs ProB4

Yes, think most people jump between LL and getdpi. :) Now fully bron with Move and Scoro packs. Cost me a lot to switch from Profoto and ultimately lost money in the process but have no regrets making the switch as the bron gear is just out of this world good. Might add a couple of Siros mono's...
  14. G

Profoto Pro8a vs ProB4

Pretty sure Don has jumped ship and is now fully broncolor.
  15. G

Capture One Catalogs or Session based workflow

Sessions is how Capture One started off and back in the early days was mostly aimed at commercial studios who created a new session for each new job which I suppose was similar to how most shot film. The session could then be stored on HD, CD, DVD and invoiced in pretty much the same way as its...