The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by gerald.d

1. G

phase one XC…

I respect where you’re coming from, but personally I don’t pay much heed to a company’s marketing strategy when evaluating a product. I’d frankly be amazed if anyone who made even a small proportion of their living from taking images from a helicopter would seriously consider this camera.
  2. G

phase one XC…

/aside An ALPA TC with the Rodie HR lenses (leaf shutter) works just fine shooting out the open door of a helicopter. STC even better so you can use movements and keep the rotors out of the frame when shooting straight (32HR makes way more sense than a 23HR for helicopter work IMO). But frankly...
  3. G

FS: Fuji GFX 100s

Bump! $4,000 including worldwide fully insured delivery by FedEx. That's the final price reduction! Shipping and insurance will probably be of the order of $200, and 5% of proceeds will go to support the forum, so that basically leaves me with $3,600. Any lower than that and I can probably...
  4. G

Bump! It's not left its box since I created this thread. Perhaps a price change might help! $4,200 including worldwide fully insured delivery by FedEx.
  5. G

Due to a change in focus - I am planning to concentrate almost exclusively on video going forward - I’m looking to move on some gear. Final piece for now is my Fuji GFX 100s (no lens). Camera has only been used indoors, and is in excellent condition. Original box included. Owned from new by...
  6. G

FS: Sigma FP

Due to an upgrade to the Canon R5 C and the fact I am planning to focus almost exclusively on video going forward, I’m looking to move on some gear. Next up is a Sigma FP (no lens). Original box included. Owned from new by me, and only light use. I am away from home right now but can provide...
  7. G

FS: Panasonic S1R & 24-105 kit

Due to an upgrade to the Canon R5 C and the fact I am planning to focus almost exclusively on video going forward, I’m looking to move on some gear. First up is my S1R/24-105 kit. Lens and camera have only been used indoors, and are both in excellent condition. Original box included. Owned...
  8. G

Can you "Focus Stack" using a lens with movements applied?

Certainly no need for any apologies, because you are totally correct - the scenarios where one would actually want to be able to focus stack a tilted focal plane are very few and far between. It really does only make sense when one wants to take a photo of, and control the focus fall off from...
  9. G

Thanks for clarifying that. How bizarre that you felt the need to use a bold font to stress a scenario that you admit is “of course” something you would never actually have a need for. Nothing else that follows is relevant to creating actual photographs of actual subjects, least of all the...
  10. G

There are three ways to shoot the above example, depending on the desired result. 1. Set the plane of focus on the face of the watch. Stack sufficiently to get the desired depth of the watch in focus (here, it was the LCD display to the top surface. 2. If you want the entire watch, including the...
  11. G

Ho hum. I simply stated two completely factually correct sentences. I’ve probably done more tilted and swung focus stacks than anyone on the planet. If you start with a requirement to tilt and swing your focal plane, you are doing that for a reason - typically because you want to align the...
  12. G

The tilt and swing angles required to maintain the same focal plane angle change with focus distance. Assuming you wish to stack perpendicular to the plane of focus, as long as you adjust the tilt and swing angles for each image accordingly, you can stack just fine.
  13. G

Normal to 1:1 product shoots with IQ4-150mp : XF 120mm BR vs SK 120mm Apo Digitar M with X Shutter

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I think you missed the key point I was raising. I have the 120mm ASPH, and I find it most unsatisfactory for work in the 1:1 ballpark. The Linos inspec. x L 5.6/105 float (in its various guises) is streets ahead in my experience. I was asking if anyone...
  14. G

Normal to 1:1 product shoots with IQ4-150mp : XF 120mm BR vs SK 120mm Apo Digitar M with X Shutter

Can you define in a little more detail what you mean by "up close"? I have the 120mm 5.6/120 Aspheric and find it very unsatisfactory at 1:1 magnification. I guess it's possible I have a duff copy - do you have an example of a 1:1 magnification image that you have shot with the lens that you...
  15. G

GFX100 Firmware update Version: 3.01

I don't think they would ever publicly admit to them existing. Panasonic never did, and they fixed it. It will be interesting to see what exactly Fuji have improved here. Intriguing though that there is no 100S firmware update. /edit I should add that I don't believe the issue is actually...