The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by gfspencer

1. G

Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 lens experiences?

I'm not rich. Far from it. But I bought one and I love it.
  2. G

6D for a "Reportage" Camera

Re: How does the 6D IQ compare to a D600 in RAW? You can't beat the 6D in low light.
  3. G

6D for a "Reportage" Camera

I'm thinking the 6D would make a great "reportage" camera. It isn't a great big camera. You could put it in the extra quiet shutter mode and shoot with the 40mm pancake lens. The 6D is a heck of a lot quieter than my old M8 and unlike the M8 the 6D is full frame and works great in low light...
  4. G

Is the 6D a likely backup body to the 5D3?

The 6D feels smaller (and actually is smaller) than the 5DIII but the 6D suits my hand just fine. However, I have ordered a Canon wrist strap to make my hold on the camera a little firmer. All things considered, the 6D has a great shape. A battery grip would give the camera some more bulk but...
  5. G

Is the 6D a likely backup body to the 5D3?

I just got a 6D. My backup will be a Panasonic GX-1. :( But to answer your question, I think the 6D would be a great backup to a 5DIII. I've used my son's 5DIII. (It's a great camera.) So I know a little about the two. IMHO the 6D focuses as fast as a 5DIII if you aren't shooting a moving...
  6. G

GF1 to GX1

I went from a GF1 to a GX1. I'm keeping both. Both cameras feel about the same. The GX1 might have a slightly better hand grip. I absolutely love the level line on the GX1! Until I got this camera I never could get my horizons level. I also like to be able to touch a spot on the screen...
  7. G

OLD Pan/Leica 25mm Summilux (4/3) vs NEW 25mm Summilux (m4/3)

I doubt that you will find a comparison of the two. Most people probably won't own both. I ordered the old lens by mistake. I returned it and never used it. I have the new lens now. As well as I can remember the old lens, I don't see much difference in build quality. I can't talk about...
  8. G

Panasonic GX1 sample images

Now I'm excited! Right now I have a GF-1 with a 25/1.4. I have a GX-1 and a viewfinder on the way (due in on Tuesday). :thumbup: I think my main camera kit - for some time to come - will be the GX-1 with the 25/1.4.
  9. G

Panasonic GX1 sample images

Those are nice shots. What lens/lenses were you using?
  10. G

GX1!!! What say you GF1 lovers?

That's why I'm going to get one. I also like the idea of touch focus and a level indicator. I think it will go great with my new 25mm F1.4 lens.
  11. G

Soligor filters

I haven't seen Soligor filters in years. I have no idea how they are now. I bought my 90 Elmarit coded. I have three other lenses that I sent to Leica to be coded. I tried coding them myself and didn't find that satisfactory.
  12. G

Friends, A Camera Test

Nice shots. What film are you using? (Actually you said what film you were using. Sorry) Maybe it's time to start processing my own film again. I have an old COOLSCAN V ED. (I have to use an old computer to run it because Nikon quit supporting it with upgraded firmware.) I keep thinking...
  13. G

GF-1 vs 2 and 3

I hadn't even thought about a G3 until you mentioned it but you're right, if I were going to upgrade from a GF-1 I would go to a G3.
  14. G

GF-1 vs 2 and 3

That's why I'm keeping my GF-1. Besides, the GF-1 looks like a rangefinder and I'm partial to Leica Ms. (On numerous occasions people have confused my GF-1 for my Leica M8.)
  15. G

charging an M9 in Itlay

No problems whatsoever.