The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by GMB

1. GMB

Fun with MF images 2024

S006, 30-90 Elmar, @30 Garganta de Diabolo
  2. GMB

Fun with MF images 2024

Sunset near Torres del Paine. Leica S007, 24mm.
  3. GMB

Thinking about the Hassi XCD2 plus 2-3 lenses

May be I did not express myself well, but I certainly don't think IBIS is a comfort feature. Quite to the contrary. It is something that allows you to get shots that otherwise one one would not get. Hence why I am looking into the Hassy system because I am really missing that feature with the S.
  4. GMB

If I wanted to shoot like Ansel Adams did at his time, I would get a 10*8 view camera, hire a few horses and assistance, and schlepp my equipment up a mountain. But I don’t. Hence, when I buy a digital camera, I prefer it to offer the tools that make my life easier and allow me to get the shots...
  5. GMB

Thanks Matt and Paul. This is helpful. The idea of the SL3 is intriguing. As I won’t take a decision before going on home vacation in the summer, I have plenty of time to observe what the SL3—assuming it is indeed coming this spring—offers. However, I am less convinced on using S lenses on the...
  6. GMB

I am not sure whether I simply "suffer" from GAS or not. I am a long-term shooter of the Leica S (currently the S007) and have almost all lenses, including the zoom (which is the lens I use most). I also have the M10-R (plus several lenses), and recently got a Canon R6ii (mostly for wildlife...
  7. GMB

The Leica Picture Thread

Patagonia in CinemaScope
  8. GMB

Please help! Card issue with Canon R6ii

I purchased a Canon R6ii this summer. Generally quite happy. I use to Angelbird V60 128 GB Av Pro cards. Both worked fine the first time around. After the first use, I formatted both in camera. Within 10 days, I received for both cards a message that the camera cannot access the card, that the...
  9. GMB

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Salto der Agrio, Argentina. S007, 30-90 @34
  10. GMB

Behind the scenes

We found this remote camp spot in the High Atlas mountains in Morocco and were rewarded by a most incredible sunset. Turning our truck was a bit tight though. Leica S007 with 30-90.
  11. GMB

Which S lenses to keep for a possible mirrorless future S body

Simple question: All you have. There may be new and „better“ (whatever „better“ may mean) lenses for an S4 (assume it is mirrorless), but the existing lenses will shine on the S4. Plus, if an S4 will be released (we all know it’s a very big IF), there will be renewed interest in the system and...
  12. GMB

At Erg Saher. S007 with 30-90.
  13. GMB

Morocco. Atlas mountains. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. S007, 30-90 @33, f11, 1/3 sec.
  14. GMB

Camping in the desert. Morocco. S007 with 30-90 and 24, respectively. The shot with our camper included was handheld. The other 2 on a tripod.
  15. GMB

S007 Summarit 70