The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Greg Lockrey

1. Greg Lockrey

How to photograph Oil Painting?

or you can roll one light source off axis ;)
  2. Greg Lockrey

How to photograph Oil Painting?

A painting that small I'd use a scanner and stitch the sections together in Photoshop. But for larger pieces I use a Sinaron Macro 180mm lens with a digital camera a fixed to a Sinar-C and cross Polaroid lighting. Lowel Totas or Photogenic 1250 DR. I set the camera at 360 dpi and shoot sections...
  3. Greg Lockrey

Printing on 17X25 Harman with Epson 3880 - Help!

The rear slot is for "heavy" paper.... at least it's that way on my 3800.
  4. Greg Lockrey

polarizers

I use Rosco Polarizing film that come in 20" x 10' sheets that I cut down to 20x32" mounted in front of a pair of 1000w Lowel Tota's each side. You can get it at B&H for around $100.00. You could buy enough to cover your soft box interior. Circular Polarizers are designed for aiding the...
  5. Greg Lockrey

Canvas Coatings - What do you like?

I actually use a heat laminate. Personal preference is gloss but matte works fine too. My canvas is Epson's Matte and I can vary the sheen with the laminates. GBC is the brand of laminate I prefer and it's applied with a dry mount press at 200 degree F for 3-5 minutes. It is so durable that one...
  6. Greg Lockrey

Tips on using Qimage on a Mac

You will have to have Windows using something like Parallels to make the interface. I use mine primarily for printing and setting up print packages and is intuitive. As for RAW I use the camera's image processing program to rough the image on the Mac and have my Photoshop on Widows to do...
  7. Greg Lockrey

It is sold....

It is sold....
  8. Greg Lockrey

WTB: Epson Scanner V700 or V750

PM sent.... This one is a 750V
  9. Greg Lockrey

HOW TO 'STEALTH' the M9?

When I was stationed in Italy, and they knew the value of Leica's unlike here in the U.S., I used to wrap masking tape on my M-4 to make it look broken.
  10. Greg Lockrey

Tips for printing wallet size please

Qimage.... I even printed postage stamp size. If making any size or combination of sizes on a sheet Qimage is hands down the best way to go.
  11. Greg Lockrey

Beginner - Equipment for product photography suggestions

Based on what you have already and not knowing what type of products you will photographing this item comes in several sizes and works like you're a "pro". http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/331829-REG/Interfit_INT297_Light_Pod_Medium_Cocoon.html You being a designer it should be a snap for...
  12. Greg Lockrey

Viewfinder/filter for previsualizing B&W

You're very welcome.... I had to break out my 1981 copy of "the Negative". I'm an old coot too. :thumbup: I have one but the Wratten # is under my homemade 4x5 holder.
  13. Greg Lockrey

Viewfinder/filter for previsualizing B&W

Wratten #90 viewing filter. It's a dirty brown-green or olive color. The trick to using it is to momentarily place in front of the eye, read the scene before your eye becomes accustomed to the color.
  14. Greg Lockrey

To Those That Print For Sale

Dittoes. Quality is in the eye of the beholder. I made 6x9' (yes foot) from a 5mp camera that was surprisingly acceptable. Is it "high quality"..... no but you can count the bricks on the house in the photo. At 10 feet it looks great. Native resolution for the E-P1 or E-P2 is 360 dpi for an...
  15. Greg Lockrey

Epson 3800 not printing black (????)

If the test strip shows no black then the head is clogged. If a couple of cleanings don't fix it then a "Power Clean" is recommended but your ink supply has to be sufficient to do this. You can get the Power Clean action from the Epson site if you aren't already configured.