The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by GregMO

1. GregMO

Help planning gear for Washington DC trip

Hi. Enjoy your trip. Sunrise will offer many more potential photos with few or no people in the scenes. Sunset will still have many people out/ sitting on the monument steps. I believe the Capitol Building has scaffolding on it at the moment. But there are any number of spots along the...
  2. GregMO

LF + Panoramic Back

I shoot a lot of 617 along with 5x7 & some 4x5 & 8x10. I own a dedicated 617 (Gaoersi 617 shift) for the past 9 years. The 617 can be used in weather conditions (wind/ rain) I would never attempt with a bellows camera. The helicord for lens mount/ focusing does have some limitations (closeness...
  3. GregMO

How to avoid blur during stormy winds

I use an umbrella to help against wind.
  4. GregMO

Film is growing again

I was recently part of a special group order with Kodak for 5x7 Ektar. Not only was the fulfillment time to cut from about 8wks to 4 wks; the cost dropped from $9 per sheet to $6 per sheet since my last order about 2 years ago.
  5. GregMO

Is the 5dsr still relevant?

I upgraded to a 5DsR about a year ago. It was my 1st digital camera purchase since my 7D in 2009. At the time (and still do) I felt it was a great value for the cost/ image quality. I only have 1 Canon EF lens (24-105L) when I need auto focus &/or IS. Otherwise I use Mamiya macros (120 & 80)...
  6. GregMO

Alternative to rise and fall?

No. Adjusting the center column on the tripod will also raise the sensor/ film back along with the lens. A view camera/ tilt shift lens allows the lens to shift while the camera back remains in a fixed position, so the effects are significantly greater then moving the whole camera/lens. All of...
  7. GregMO

Longer lens for view camera (digital + film)

Fujinon makes a T (telephoto) series for large format cameras- 300, 400, 600. They require less bellows then typical similar focal length lenses. Can get them for a few to several hundred dollars. Keh.com & ebay (sellers in Japan often have them) are good places to look. FUJINON LARGE FORMAT...
  8. GregMO

FS: Mamiya 645 AF 55mm f2.8 lens- Ex Cond

For Sale: Mamiya 645 AF 55mm f2.8 lens includes: box, registration card, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens is in excellent condition. Smooth AF and manual focusing. Glass is excellent; no dust, haze or fungus. The outer rubberized body has very slight scuff marks that do not impact the lens...
  9. GregMO

Great Smoky Mtns. 2017 - Who is Going?

Dave, Hello. I spent about at week in the Smokies last October. I would say, wheel chair friendly walks: Clingmans Dome. It's a paved 1/2 mile walk to the dome. It is a pretty steep incline if pushing a wheel chair. The views are great from both the top of the dome (360 degree) & also from the...
  10. GregMO

Behind the scenes

Behind the scenes last week photographing the Italian Embassy's Ceremonial Door in Washington, DC for my Doors in the District project. 5x7 Cambo view camera 150mm Schneider lens Kodak Ektar film
  11. GregMO

Luminosity Masking Actions - suggestions

I use Tony Kuyper's actions as well.
  12. GregMO

Need A Professional Lab That Develops Film and Scanning

Try Dodge Chrome in Silver Spring, MD just outside of DC. http://www.dodgechrome.com/
  13. GregMO

Anyone shooting Medium Format Film

I shoot medium format film in 617. 617 and 5x7 are my most used cameras. I rarely use my Fuji 690's and once a year use my 645 AFD to do the 1 time per year family group photo and pic of my baby nieces. As long as you enjoy it..nothing else matters.