The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by hdrmd

1. H

Your 3 favorite M-lenses...

1. 28 2.8 2. 50 1.0 3. 135 3.4
  2. H

X1 VS DSLR

I agree with t streng. Keep the D700 if you can and get an X1 if you can. The X1 is very slow to AF, but the IQ is great. And it will fit in your pocket. DR
  3. H

Noctilux 50mm f 1.0 as a single lens

I agree with Wilson. As a single lens it is heavy, slow and cranky. I have had three, and I keep going back to the lens for it's use as a specialty lens. There is nothing like it at 1.0, but for every day, I use a 28mm. DR
  4. H

21mm lens option questions

If the price is no object , then the Summilux is a special lens; F1.4 is hard to beat when you need it. DR
  5. H

Some 2010 Russia shots M9

Mike: Absolutely first rate work. DR
  6. H

90 recommendations?

Mike: I have an old silver Elmarit 2.8 from 1965 that i like. It is sharp and well broken-in. There is something very pleasing about the way it feels and shoots. Probably, you can find one for a reasonable price. DR
  7. H

Share your bags!!

You can't go wrong with any of the lightweight Domke's. Take a look at them before you decide. DR
  8. H

The M9 as a Landscape camera

m driscoll: It is definitely not KY, The photo is from Lizard Head Pass in CO, near Telluride. DR
  9. H

The M9 as a Landscape camera

Yes, I like using the M Camera for landscapes. Here is one with a 15mm lens. DR
  10. H

Your Favorite Leica Shot of 2009

Here is one from an ice storm here in KY. DR
  11. H

Where in NYC for lenses?

Stan Tamarkin
  12. H

yet another camera bag question

Another vote for the A&A bags. They are compact and have easy access for working. DR
  13. H

Highest ISO for M8?

It depends on what you compare it to. 640 is almost good enough for big prints. Higher ASA gets worse quickly. DR
  14. H

Using the 135apo at the US Open

I am late to this topic, but I, too, like the shadow photo. Nice work. DR
  15. H

amber

I like the hand; I think it rounds out the picture. DR