The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by hilld

1. H

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lovely shots!!
  2. H

Fun with NEX-7

Goodness me, Mr Driscoll, an NEX-7 AND two Abyssinian kittens! As both a lifetime cat slave (including to Abyssinians at one period) and someone now circling hesitantly around a decision as to whether to buy the NEX-7, I would venture to say that your cup runneth over, big time! The thing is...
  3. H

Monday Morning Spooks

Hi Seaton, I like it very much: it seems a vast improvement on the enormously clunky Elements 4 that I was using ( more accurately, avoiding using) these last few years. Even after a few days use I feel I can recommend version 8. That said, I have to confess that acquiring this upgrade...
  4. H

Monday Morning Spooks

Don, many thanks for your kind reply. I hadn't spotted the kibble ( yes, that's exactly what it is) and cloning it away will the first thing I do with my newly- acquired Photoshop Elements 8. (No need to worry about Princess overhearing anything, she's ... er ...sleeping.) regards
  5. H

Monday Morning Spooks

Always a pleasure to see Spooks, in what I take -- I speak as someone owned by three cats -- to be a characteristic pose. Here is one of our cats, Princess (don't blame us, we just decided to stick with the name the breeder gave her -though she, Princess, thinks it entirely appropriate). It's...
  6. H

This morning's street shot

Magnificent.
  7. H

Night Sky

Goodness me. What a beauty. The clarity and sharpness in the clouds!
  8. H

new firmware upgrade for DP2

1.04 seems to work as advertised (in my DP2) with focussing seemingly quicker and "crisper".
  9. H

spur-of-the-moment.

Very good. I also like the one taken earlier in the day that's in that Flickr display. Really lovely.
  10. H

First DP2 shots

I see your pix are drawing some more plaudits on Flickr. I was also interested to note your 'nom de guerre', since Seaton Carew had the closest beach to us when I was growing up (questionable) in nearby West Hartlepool several centuries ago (or so it now seems).
  11. H

First DP2 shots

If you don't mind being "shot at" with plaudits, I'd like to say what a splendid lot of firsts you have come up with. You should be well pleased with your new DP2, since you have become yet other owner to show what a terrific camera this is. (Of course, I'm hopelessly biassed, being the...
  12. H

Image Girls

Terrific photo, and how clever to have seen the shot -- and executed it so well.
  13. H

Captions?

All three (including man looking at camera, I mean):- " If I see that f****** Don Ellis snapping away around here one more time, I'm going to scream!!!!!!!!!" Well, they can say what they want, I think it's a jolly nice capture, and they ought to consider themselves privileged.
  14. H

DP1 Boomerang

Scott: I think the third shot by itself is enough reason to keep the DP1. (Ok, Ok, I'm biased; I have one myself.) The tones are terrific. And so is the clarity, as far as I can judge. Stop agonising -- just hold on to it!
  15. H

DP1 Boomerang

Did you mean "cuckoo-clockwork"?