The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by IBICO

1. I

Fun w/Digital M Images

M9 + 35mm Summicron
  2. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

I found my match. Tried an adapter so I could use my Schneider 80mm LS F2.8 on the Nikon DF.. It was sweeeet.
  3. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

I don`t do candid portraits with smallformat. I do 1sec portraits with 4x5. the Mamiya 645 system I use with flash. The "look" I am after is shown when you do environmental shots with short dof. That is what I isually do with my Nikon. For more "action" photos, I would use a AF system for...
  4. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

I am considering both the 35mm Zeiss F2 and the Nikon 58 1.4G I got to borrow the 58mm from someone yesterday, so I am able to test it both on the D800E and Nikon DF a few days :-)
  5. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

The Zeiss just got more of the popout effect that I love.. Also a bit more creamy between sharp and not sharp. Almost like some Medium format lenses and 4x5. Most of the digital smallformat lenses just are to harsh between sharp and not sharp. also some lenses got more 3d rendering then...
  6. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

alright.. I`m sold :D Now I got the 85 1.4, 135 F2 DC, but miss a wider one and that got more 3d rendering of it. I have tried to do manual focus on my existing lenses, and with the DF I feel it is no problem to do it. But I would probably struggle sometimes when I really should have had AF if...
  7. I

Nikon 58mm F1.4

Anyone have this lens and could give some feedback on it? pictures, and overall impression of it. Specially used from wide open to F2. I am considering some zeiss optics that are manual focus only. Looking for 3d rendering, CA handling and center sharpness I know Zeiss is not the best when it...
  8. I

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

A 1951 Pickup.. Not original motor.. :-)
  9. I

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Local car show where I live. Mamiya DF, DM22, Schneider 150mm LS
  10. I

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

4x5 taken in Gothenburg with my Chamonix F1, Schneider HM 120mm, Kodak TXP320 in Xtol 1:1
  11. I

Infrared photgraphy with DM22

Ah. Forgot about that. So if I put a 720nm filter in front of the sensor with same thicknes, that would fix it.
  12. I

I don`t really understand why you need a glass in front of it?.. Other then protecting the sensor offcourse. But different focus because of it, I don`t get. The sensor is placed the same place with or without glass. on the DM22 the glass is removed by 4 screews and flip the lid off with the...
  13. I

I would remove the filter in front of the sensor when I would try to take infrared photos. I'll try som cheap filters first the , and see what result I get. Tnx :-)
  14. I

What filter should I get? I am not sure what IR sensitivity the sensor got. With film I could read the spec, and find out what filter to get, but with the digital back I have no idea.
  15. I

soh.. Babypictures with a DM22 back.

I kept it very simple with one softbox.