The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jeffg53

1. J

Which Zoom Lens for D810

My expensive choice would be the Leica R 28-90. The old R glass is something to behold. Only two drawbacks are price and no AF
  2. J

Anybody own an Arca Swiss Universalis in Australia?

These guys used to sell Arca gear. I bought a head from them but it was a while back. https://www.cameraelectronic.com.au/
  3. J

wymian baterii phase one 645

How to replace the clock backup battery in the IQ180 in Phase one 645 +df
  4. J

So long for now my friends after 10+ years

Vote with your feet, while complaining loudly. Who needs the grief. This has been such a great source of knowledge over many years
  5. J

Assigning a profile

I’m a bit rusty on this stuff, so thought that I would ask. I am using DXO Pureraw. It has the ability to output TIF so I tried it. Then I found the gotcha. It tags it as sRGB, and doesn’t let me specify a profile. It occurred to me that I could get PS to assign a profile to it and the problem...
  6. J

Xrite i1io2

I no longer need this wonderful device. My problem is that I have never seen one on sale, and have no idea what they are worth. If anyone is interested, please contact me to discuss. I am in Australia so shipping could be a bit
  7. J

Recommend Leica R to HB X mount adapter ?

I have used Novoflex in the past and been happy with them. When I was adapting R lenses for a D850, I used Leitax. They are great. It may be worth asking him.
  8. J

Finally there will be an Arca Swiss Website...

Well, there’s a surprise. ‘Under Construction’, be still my beating heart.
  9. J

Can Anyone Explain Why Medium Format Film Cameras are going up in Price

I suspect that the current users aren’t printing much. Scanning 6x6, and cleaning up the dust was such a PITA that I leapt at digital.
  10. J

Suggestions for SL2-S NON Native Lenses

Have you looked at R lenses. I use adapted ones on my D850. They are a thing of beauty, IMHO
  11. J

Leica R lenses and D850

It's a Leitz Canada one with serial number 3071723 which makes it a 1980 model.
  12. J

Leica R lenses and D850

I am about to sell off my D850 and lenses. The Leica R ones all have Leitax mounts. I am posting this to guage interest. Please contact me if you are interested, otherwise I will hand them over to a friend to sell. I have a: D850 Leica R 28-90 Leica R 100 macro Leica R Apo Telyt 180 Leica R 50...
  13. J

In Memoriam Erwin Puts

I found him an invaluable and trustworthy source. He was a rare jewel in the modern world.
  14. J

Whither Solux?

Email sent, and ignored unfortunately. The search continues.
  15. J

Whither Solux?

Thanks. I will ask if they ship to Australia.