The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by jerryreed

1. jerryreed

Tricky art reproduction.

Dan, perhaps this may be helpful, at least I hope to be. I did fine art reproduction for ten years using 16-shot SINAR reproduction equipment, the texture part of the problem most times can be addressed by turning the piece 90 degrees to left or right from the position in which it was created...
  2. jerryreed

Mac Pro - power switch location

Friends, Is it me, or does it seem that APPLE missed the obvious inconvenience that the most recent update of the Mac Pro created when they placed the power button at the bottom of the column of connectors into which USB 3, Thunderbolt and other connectors are arranged, meaning that in order to...
  3. jerryreed

Considering the HY6

As owner of the SINAR Hy6 and the Rolleiflex Hy6 mod 2, please accept my assurance that the Hy6 is still sold and supported. Jerry
  4. jerryreed

Technical Camera Images

Dan, Thank you for your comprehensive and valuable sharing of experiences with ALPA in your interior and exterior work. Your work illustrates what is possible at the highest levels of professional photography. Jerry
  5. jerryreed

Technical Camera Images

Dan, You indicated (in the notes that accompany the images shown) that this wonderful image was created with the ALPA TC, did you stitch? Since you also own the SWC, I wonder if/when you might select one instead of another. I ask as an interested purchaser, and fan of your consistently...
  6. jerryreed

Technical Camera Images

How do you use the ladder? Do you have a mount for the camera at the top, or are you hand-holding? Really great work, you inspired me to pursue this elevated perspective. Jerry Reed Jerry Reed
  7. Photo Show 2012 - Mystic Arts Center

Photo Show 2012 - Mystic Arts Center

8. jerryreed

Portfolios on an iPad - How do you get them there?

I see that there are portfolio apps available for the iPad (mine is the Mini iPad), and I am wondering. Anyone use an iPad to show their work in an ad hoc way, how do you get your images from where they are now, and into the iPad, and do you use an app, if so which do you like? Kinda like...
  9. jerryreed

Where do you show your fine art photography?

Subrata, Your suggestion sounds good, and if Charles Crammer has had success, what's to lose? Thank you, Jerry
  10. jerryreed

Paul, Thank you for your reading of the opportunities and best approaches to try. Sounds like very good advice. I also go to as many portfolio events that I can get to. So, far that is what has paid the biggest dividends for me. In such setting, the artist is paying for their critique...
  11. jerryreed

Ed - Thank you. I looked at the reviews of the book on Amazon, they were very consistent with your recommendation. Great advice. Jerry Reed
  12. jerryreed

Eric, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am having a custom portfolio box made that I should receive next week. My images are square and I have been showing them in a 16 by 20 inch box at portfolio reviews. With the smaller box (14 by 14 inches), which will look inviting (hopefully) I...
  13. jerryreed

Graham, Thank you for your thoughtfully helpful reply. Michael Levin has done a terrific job of getting the right eyes on his well done work. I am sure that workshop was terrific. Right now, I am scheduling portfolio reviews and sending work to juried group shows, and looking for additional...
  14. jerryreed

I am trying to educate myself here. What do you see as the most likely commercial venue for these beautiful images; books or art galleries (other?). I ask, as I am working to solidify an incompletely formed impression that visitors to many contemporary galleries that feature the work of...
  15. jerryreed

Technical Camera Images

I am trying to educate myself here. What do you see as the most likely commercial venue for these beautiful images; books or art galleries (other?). I ask, as I am working to solidify an incompletely formed impression that visitors to many contemporary galleries that feature the work of...