The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by JeRuFo

1. J

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Over here it's not just small dealers, it's all dealers. Even the big ones have no inventory or just one or two in stock (maybe cancelled orders?) All dealers in my area say that they have to special order it from Hasselblad but can get it within 4 days, which leads me to believe that there is...
  2. J

GFX 100S--where is serial number?

The serial number is also stored in the EXIF data. If you ever buy an expensive camera, I would definitely check if the two match (though the rest of the meeting might get a little uncomfortable for a proper introvert if they don't). You can check it by uploading an image to...
  3. J

Shiny stuff. a question for the product people

Another thing to maybe think about is to shoot the subject multiple times with different light and mask off the areas that you don't want. With objects that have a lot of different textures or angles that can sometimes be easier. That way you can shoot a base image in diffused light and add a...
  4. J

M11 Images

It's always a slightly bumpy ride to be an early adopter. Interesting to see how everyone gets to grips with it, including the developers.
  5. J

M11 Images

It's not that I don't trust him, they just seem quite low fidelity to me.
  6. J

M11 Images

Are you sure these are from an M11?
  7. J

New M11

I quite like the look of the sensor outperforming the lens to a degree. That's why I still like shooting LF film. It gives a more relaxed look and it better captures the character of a lens. I'm fine with sensors getting too good for the lenses that can be produced and I don't think I'd...
  8. J

Which spirit level do you rely on, tripod head, camera or digital back?

Draw a few parallel horizontal and vertical lines on a wall with a normal spirit level or laser. Shoot them with the camera levelled to all of your different levels, see in which shot the horizontal lines are the most level and the vertical lines all plumb.
  9. J

The sexiest backpack ever

Thieves don't use zippers, they usually use knives. I still don't really like them opening on that side though, because you have to lay them on their back to use them and I don't like to get that wet.
  10. J

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Just playing around a little with the GRIII and two nice old beech stumps in the forest.
  11. J

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Yes, exactly. This has now been my only camera for the last two summer holidays. Although I sometimes miss the sheer resolution of a bigger camera or a tripod for precise framing, I like that it frees up my time and space in my bag. Instead of having dedicated photography sessions, I now shoot...
  12. J

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Probably the best place we put our tent this summer. A surreal night. Despite some clouds around the peaks it was a very clear evening, which made the mountains look almost like from an old movie set. Ricoh GRIII
  13. J

Hasselblad vs GFX system

Anything can be a Hasselblad. Whenever I'm shooting with a tech cam people come up to me and ask if it is one. People taking you and your camera serious can be helpful in certain situations, but I don't think it is about the actual camera. I tend to go more the other way and try to be as...
  14. J

IQ4 Remote App

Not if they keep Capture Pilot in the air too. If it is possible to run it from a hardware perspective I would feel left out, but you can't expect them to develop new features for a back that is getting quite old now.
  15. J

GFX100S shutter failure

Of course, but it's been only a couple of weeks. They have to trace the problem and then make a global plan on how to deal with it.