The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by johnnygoesdigital

1. johnnygoesdigital

D800 or D750 for wedding?

Very creative Hulyss! I agree that one camera is enough for shooting, but I always bring along a second camera just for safety. I actually think weddings are amazing because of the creative possibilities - High fashion, cheerful ambiance, strobes and drunk relatives! I think if a wedding...
  2. johnnygoesdigital

Sad news - Paul C. Buff

Thank you Paul for innovative products that inspired many. Your legacy will burn brightly...literally.
  3. johnnygoesdigital

Fujifilm X-T1 and Lenses MINT

Pm sent for 10-24mm
  4. johnnygoesdigital

Off camera flash for xt1/x100t

I'm looking for a good off camera flash solution with the xt1 and x100t. I don't need TTL, so manual mode is a must. I'll probably stick with a corded connection using just a center pin for faster sync, but curious about other options.
  5. johnnygoesdigital

WTB Fotoman,Walker,Ebony gear

I'm looking for large format cameras such as the Walker Titan XL 45 or 57, Fotoman 8x10 or the 45sps (newest version w/graflok) and an Ebony SW 45. Thank you.
  6. johnnygoesdigital

Fuji Pro Rentals

I'd say they're doing more than mirroring others, such as a comprehensive line up of AF primes and zooms, some with weather resistance. Better build quality than most at a price point that's outstanding. I Wouldn't mind slightly more pixels though, but for magazine editorial, weddings, etc...
  7. johnnygoesdigital

Chamonix 045n-2 with copal 0 lensboard (new)

$1025 great price with free shipping on new Chamonix!
  8. johnnygoesdigital

Fuji Pro Rentals

This makes good sense as many professionals are shooting with Fujifilm X gear now. I think it's a proven system and the lens choice is...dare I say, without competition.
  9. johnnygoesdigital

Chamonix 045n-2 with copal 0 lensboard (new)

Chamonix 045n-2 4x5 folding camera with Chamonix copal 0 lens board and cloth wrap. Beautiful teak with gray metal. This is a new camera that was used to only mount a lens and check functionality. Save on overseas shipping. $1039 free shipping. US only.
  10. johnnygoesdigital

Fujifilm xf 14mm f2.8 lens LN cond.

This is my a Fujifilm XF14mm f2.8 in like new cond. it has less than 200 clicks and comes with everything as if purchased new. Will include copy of invoice for original, US purchased (11/14), warranty from Fujifilm. This lens rivals Leica in resolution and build quality, really stunning! $599...
  11. johnnygoesdigital

Wet Plate Collodion 4x5

I am still trying to perfect my technique, but I have black tin type plates that are more forgiving than glass. My first few images actually had good exposure and contrast. One of the problems was that the camera I used was rather cheap and not rigid, so he plane of focus shifted when I inserted...
  12. johnnygoesdigital

Wet Plate Collodion 4x5

It is a tricky process that just takes practice. My biggest problem was washing the image away. You need very clean glass! I think it's best to start with tin types as this is a dry process and the tin seems more forgiving.
  13. johnnygoesdigital

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Abstract ice...
  14. johnnygoesdigital

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I was curious how the xt1 would do with dynamic range on a bright, snow covered day. No filters and only wi fi'd to my iPad to only crop and brighten. When shooting film, I've always exposed for shadows-develop highlights. This is the exact opposite for digital though... 14mm f2.8